Energy Manager 9/20/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
Mountain View, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThe Energy Manager is responsible for overseeing and carrying out energy and sustainability projects and programs for an assigned account in accordance with management agreements, client requirements and Cushman & Wakefield standards. In this capacity, the Energy Manager will work to ensure that client has the best information and recommendations with which to make energy management and sustainability decisions. In implementing these objectives, this position will work closely with the operations team including, facilities managers, building engineers, building operating engineers, and vendors to ensure a seamless delivery of these services.
* Research and evaluate options, present recommendations, and implement programs for reducing energy usage, related conservation programs, and their related costs, for all properties as assigned, in support of clients overall business objectives.
* Analyze projects in relation to total life cost and available incentive programs and prepare proposals for presentation to our client.
* Become familiar with the various energy and sustainability incentive programs available; prepare and submit applications as appropriate.
* Become familiar with EPA's Energy Star program, work with the facilities managers and chief building engineers to ensure that the highest possible scores are achieved and to ensure that each property maintains its Energy Star Label.
* Become familiar with IBIS, web-based integrated building monitoring and control interface system, and oversee its continued development and maintenance.
* Represent client on the Cushman & Wakefield Energy and Sustainability Committee, interacting with Cushman & Wakefield managers and senior management to share ideas and further develop these programs.
* Oversee client's energy curtailment program, assessing the various programs available, establishing a rapport with the various providers and making recommendations on behalf of the client accordingly.
* Become familiar with the various tools for measuring client's carbon footprint and develop means for recording it on a quarterly basis, working to reduce it in conjunction with energy and related conservation programs.
* Work closely with client and Cushman & Wakefield facilities staff and client IT staff in relation to data centers.
* Track all utility usage for portfolio.
* Be familiar with Cushman & Wakefield's and client's policies and procedures as they relate to this position.
* Possess in-depth knowledge of all mechanical and control systems, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing systems, UPS, emergency generator, and related systems.
* Become familiar with the layout of the facilities, location of storage rooms, shops, mechanical rooms and equipment, major conference rooms, labs, and the various building systems utilizing energy and resources: mechanical, plumbing, electrical, life safety, emergency generators, UPS systems, domestic water, irrigation, etc.
* Demonstrate ability to work positively with customers, fellow employees, outside contractors and vendors alike.
* Work with facilities managers and engineers to ensure all equipment and systems are maintained to the highest level of efficiency practical, to provide optimal environmental conditions within the facility for the minimum expenditure of energy.
* Attend Cushman & Wakefield weekly staff and management meetings and client's project meetings. Attend and participate in bi-weekly management conference calls and monthly
* Attend critical operations conference calls in addition to energy committee meetings.
* Report any abnormal conditions or needed repairs immediately to Facilities Managers and Chief Engineers.
* Participate actively in at least two professional organizations related to this position: Building Owners and Managers Association, International Facility Managers Association,U.S. Green Building Council, Association of Energy Engineers. etc.
* Attend classes annually related to position to improve knowledge and skills.
* BS in engineering or related field.
* Five to ten years experience in high-rise office building operations, data center maintenance, energy management, and sustainability programs.
* Familiarity with demand response/curtailment, EPA Energy Star for buildings, and LEED Green Building certification programs.
* Experience with alternative power sources, energy conservation retrofits, and carbon offsets.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, with senior managerial and executive level personnel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time; regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines; regularly required to walk, talk, and hear.
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..