Engineer I - Global Product Development Process
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEngineer - Global Product Development Processes
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Engineer in our facility located in the Portland, Oregon area. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster , Yale and Utilev brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
Participate on the front lines of the Product Development revolution in a multi-billion dollar vehicle design company with a strong global presence and brand recognition. Join a dynamic group charged with developing the processes and systems used by tomorrow's engineers. Leverage broad problem solving skills in areas including 3D CAD, PLM, Product Structure & Configuration, Static Analysis, Product Documentation, Knowledge Management, and Engineering Change Notice Release Processes. Champion the activities implemented by product design, and impart knowledge through focused documentation and training systems and continually update tools to meet changing market regulations. Grow, share, and innovate tomorrow's Product Design process with a company that values quality products and great people.
* BS in Mechanical Engineering or Physics
* Familiar with the design of components, assemblies, or complex vehicle systems, drafting practices, CAD, and engineering analysis.
* Working knowledge of free-body diagrams, curve fitting, and sum of moments
* Basic understanding of object oriented software design and database management
* Ability to handle several tasks at the same time, set priorities and adjust priorities with short notice
* Quality focused. Adhere to established procedures, regulatory requirements, and attention to detail.
* Innovative: Creative thinking, troubleshooting, and unique solutions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent proficiency with Word, Excel
* Ability to clearly create professional documentation suitable for end user use and/or application developers
* Exposure to, and interest in, industrial equipment (materials handling, automotive, agricultural or similar), is highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) and profit sharing.