The Westin Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HVAC Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES:
1. Maintains and repairs refrigeration equipment. Service and perform compressor change outs.
2. Maintains and repairs boilers, chillers, and associated central plant equipment.
3. Maintains and perform minor repairs to electrical equipment.
4. Maintains and repairs minor repairs to plumbing equipment.
5. Ensures proper functioning of all environmental control systems for property.
6. Performs preventive maintenance tasks as assigned.
7. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
Guest service orientation is essential. Knowledge of refrigeration, heating/air conditioning technology.
* This position operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, and vibration. Proper precautions are taken.
* Subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
* Required to work in elevated places inside and outside of the building such as lampposts and parking structures and enclosed areas such as boilers, HVAC duct areas and attic spaces.
* At times, subjected to hazards such as the dangers associated with the use of basic hand and power tools and testing equipment.
* Occasionally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions.
* Must be able to walk long distances as required.
* Occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
* Occasional lifting and/or moving items up to 50 pounds.
* Proper clothing is provided.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED required. Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years' experience in the heating/air conditioning at a journeyman skill level. Must have knowledge of automated control systems. Journeyman certification in electrical and/or plumbing desired but not required.
Possess a valid Nevada driver's license. Universal CFC Certification required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to define and deal with problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form including blueprints. Ability to apply regulatory and procedural doctrine, concepts and policy to practical solutions.
Because the property is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, this position requires flexibility in scheduling and may require being available for evenings, weekends, holidays and special events. A typical workweek is 40 hours and normal work schedules may vary based on business needs. This position may require overtime.