This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/21/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company (NYSE: BRK.A, BRK.B), is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality products for building insulation, mechanical insulation, commercial roofing, and roof insulation, as well as fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our environment of innovation, collaboration and excellence has allowed us to establish a leadership position in all of the markets we serve. We operate 45 manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe and China, and have annual sales of approximately $2.5 billion. Talent thrives at JM because we give our employees the ability to do things they wouldn't be able to anywhere else. In other words, we give our employees the freedom to achieve. This support and encouragement is what our 7,000 talented employees experience with us every day, and it's what bolsters our more-than-150-year reputation as an innovative, reliable business partner. You'll find the work at JM both challenging and fulfilling. Once a member of our team, you'll be part of a global workforce committed to building a sustainable future for our customers, our employees, our owners and the communities in which we operate. We encourage you to learn more about JM, and find out why employment with us is such a rewarding experience.
Candidate will provide support for operations in a manufacturing environment as well as provide process and project engineering services in conjunction with continuous improvement initiatives.
* Take an active part in process engineering and optimization efforts
* Assist Sr. Engineers on technical service initiatives with sampling, analysis, and recommendations
* Develop and integrate product and process documentation ensuring consistency and accuracy
Candidate will provide engineering services for more complex problems under direct guidance of higher-level engineering personnel.
* Take an active part in the execution of product development projects
* Contact vendors and assist Sr. Engineers with the development of scope for capital projects
* Provide project status and reports as required
* Education - Pursuing a degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Industrial, Ceramic/Materials Science preferred)
* Ideal candidate will also demonstrate:
* Solid academic performance
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Basic understanding of production processes
* Solid team skills Strategic and creative thinking
* MS Office proficiency
The Johns Manville Internship Program is designed to provide challenging and fulfilling work in your area of expertise. We also offer additional opportunities from community service events, social outings, and intern seminars to allow you to give back, network, and gain a broader understanding of JM and its functions. We take a holistic approach to your development and are committed to providing a valuable experience for both you and the company. At the conclusion of the summer, all interns will have the opportunity to present their achievements to functional leaders at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. We encourage you to find out why interning with us is such a rewarding experience by checking out the internship page on our website.