This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 2/21/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the engineering staff in the design, development, qualification and product support of product from the proposal phase through its production life cycle for the business.
Essential Job Functions:
* Oversees and approves engineering work to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and engineering practices.
* Drives design concept development and product innovation for engineered components.
* Develops and directs the plan and execution of strategic programs for the company. This role requires extensive communication with customers, suppliers and internal process owners.
* Ensures that engineering processes and programs are in accordance with AS9100.
* Plans and monitors programs in compliance with NMG's New Product Introduction (NPI) processes.
* Monitors and directs or performs day-to-day operations of the assigned program(s) to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary and, when necessary, directly handle sensitive or controversial projects within the program.
* Develops and monitors the program's budget; oversees financial well-being of the program by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits and justifies budget enhancement requests to the Division Manager or Director.
* Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of professional, technical, support and operational staff where present, through functional managers and lead workers.
* Develops systems and maintains records that provide for the proper evaluation, control and documentation of assigned activities; prepares a variety of written correspondence, reports, procedures, directives and other materials
* Provide support for Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement initiatives, companywide.
* Other duties, reporting, special assignments or projects as needed and assigned.
* Travel up to 10% may be required
* 15+ years' experience in product design/support environment, preferably aerospace
* 5+ years' experience with NMG equivalent products
* 5+ years' experience in technical management role
* Strong communication skills
* Microsoft Office proficient
* Project management experience a plus
* Must be willing to submit to and satisfactorily pass any pre-employment screening required for employment with NMG Aerospace (i.e. drug screen, background check, eye exam, hearing exam, etc.) and any subsequent testing required for the position during employment.
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time.
* The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office or shop floor to access work supplies, tools, machinery, etc.
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field, MBA preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.