Engineering Technician IV Mechanical (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/31/2018
Life Cycle Engineering
JOB DESCRIPTIONLIFE CYCLE ENGINEERING
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) is a privately held, employee owned company with an emphasis on "doing the right thing the right way," which applies to the way we treat our customers and employees. We are proud to have been recognized as a "Best Place to Work!" Learn more below and at www.lce.com.
Engineering Technician IV - Mechanical (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration)
Life Cycle Engineering is looking for a qualified candidate to fill a full-time vacancy for an experienced Engineering Technician IV - Mechanical (Air Conditioning/Refrigeration). If this is you, come join our team in Norfolk, VA.
* Must be a US citizen with a current/active DoD Confidential security clearance, and be able to obtain/maintain a DBIDS credential.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
* Supervise others and manage one or multiple jobs.
* Apply comprehensive understanding of production and processes toward completion of assignments.
* Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others. Perform a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
* Develop and use technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
* Schedule, report, and brief customers and senior management.
* Perform duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
* HS education or Trade School + 10 years of related experience.
* Working knowledge of the following: Dresser Rand CAP 12 Ships Service Compressors (SSAC), Sauer High Pressure Air Compressors, JP-5 Pumps, Purifiers, Titanium Fire Pumps, York Refrigeration Compressors, Solid Waste Processing Equipment and Steam Hot Water Heaters.
* Universal EPA card and able to troubleshoot and repair both York R-134A Reefer Compressors and 363 Ton Centrifugal Air Conditioning Compressors.
Physical Demands and Expectations:
* Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
* Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
* Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
* May ride ships at sea for extended periods.
* May require wearing a respirator.
* Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
* Affordable Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with plan options for the whole family.
* Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
* Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
* Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
* Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
* Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
* Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
* Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
* Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
* Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more...*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that LCE take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. In addition, LCE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. LCE shall also abide by the requirements of 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A.