Entry level Bachelor's Statistician 5/18/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
RTI International has openings for a Bachelor's level Statistician in our Research Triangle Park, NC office. Please note: We are seeking Bachelor's level candidates only for this position and are not seeking candidates with advanced degrees for this position.
* Apply standard statistical and/or data management software package(s) to execute data processing, and data analysis activities
* Conduct routine/established data processing and data analysis under supervision
* Develop solutions to problems where established theories and techniques have been identified or where procedures are to be used
* Assist in the preparation, presentation, and follow-up of research proposals by providing computer programming support, literature reviews and effective bio-sketches
* Carry out appropriate professional development efforts
* A strong interest in developing expertise in the content and specific data we are working with (not just playing with numbers in a vacuum)
* Bachelor s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics or Mathematics. Candidates graduating in December 2016/January 2017 are welcome to apply.
* Some proficiency with SAS (Sample of SAS code required, but we will train you.)
* GPA within major of 3.3 or higher (on 4.0 scale).
* Inquisitive and detail oriented. Must enjoy investigating details and figuring out the solutions to problems (e.g. digging through the details to determine why two values that should match do not)
* Demonstrated data manipulation and data management skills.
* Excellent written communication skills as evidenced in the cover letter.
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.