Entry Level Test Engineer - M&W
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
TRAX Test Services
Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
Plans, designs, coordinates, executes, monitors, evaluates, and reports test and evaluation of indirect fire weapons systems including artillery and mortars; associated ammunition; counter fire radar systems; and mine, countermine, and demolition systems incorporating state-of-the-art technology and requiring substantial deviation from established test procedures and/or development of new procedures or instrumentation systems. Indirect fire weapons systems and associated ammunition testing includes large caliber munitions, guided projectiles, lot acceptance, insensitive munitions, and stockpile reliability. Mine, counter mine, and demolition systems include mine performance, detection, and neutralization as well as smart and networked munitions. Assigned tests are usually feasibility, engineering design, development, product validation, or lot acceptance tests. May be assigned independent responsibility for a project having the characteristics described above or may serve as a project engineer on a major, complex system that is part of a high visibility, high cost program for which a team leader has overall responsibility. Performs other duties as required to complete the assigned mission.
Pay Rate: DOE
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirements.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must be able to work all shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice, to support test missions.
* Must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET and regionally accredited college or university.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, without special restrictions.
* Must have dependable transportation and a dependable means of communication.
* Must be able speak, write, read, and understand English.
* Must have a well-mannered customer service attitude.
* Must be willing to cross-train in other areas.
* Must use "down-time" effectively to the benefit of test, self, and company.
* Must be punctual, responsible, and dependable.
* Must demonstrate motivation, initiative, and reliability.
* Must be adaptable, flexible, and able to adjust to new or changing instructions.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to follow instructions and company policy.
* Must be able to deliver quality products to the customer and be responsive to their needs.
* Must be safety and security conscious, complying with rules and policies.
* Must be able to work both as part of a team and independently.
* Must be able to travel for off-site duties up to 10% of time.
* Must be able to use two-way radios, email, and cellular phones for communications.
* Must have comprehensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and be able to convey information clearly to management, customers, coworkers, employees, and government officials in a professional, positive, and customer focused manner.
* Must have a positive, well-mannered customer service attitude and the ability to maintain a strong customer service attitude at all times.
* Must have demonstrated experience as highly motivated; self-directed; able to set priorities and meet deadlines; able to follow through on complex projects; and strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
* Must have a demonstrated ability to understand, follow, and enforce policies, instructions, regulations, etc.
* Must have the ability to multi-task in a stressful, fast-paced work environment, be highly organized, and possess the willingness to adapt to any situation.
* Must be able to work in a team setting, fostering teamwork, and maintaining a professional relationship with all team members and coworkers, in and outside of your immediate work area.
* Must be able to provide leadership to subordinate employees when necessary.
* Must have interest in learning and developing in the field of test and evaluation of military equipment and systems.
* Must develop ability to manage complex test program including customer interface, planning, cost estimating,
execution, data analysis, and reporting.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical and periodic retests.
* Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for work tasks assigned.
* Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions including summer temperatures peaking around 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
* Must meet the physical requirements necessary to perform operations outlined, performed, and stated in the SOPs for M&W and TRAX.
* Must be able to work long and varied hours.
* Must be capable of frequent bending, squatting, crouching, kneeling, standing, climbing, and stooping, sometimes for long periods.
* Must be able to ascend and descend equipment.
* Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
* Must be capable of lifting and transporting 35 lbs. unassisted over uneven ground for 50 feet.
* Experience leading a multi-disciplined project team.
* Engineering internship experience.
* Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
* Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Project software.
* Six Sigma Greenbelt certification.
* Knowledge of government office procedures and prior work experience in government testing office environment.
* Ability to interpret scheduling requirements from multiple sources and efficiently schedule section personnel and equipment.
* Ability to identify existing and predictable hazards in developmental testing, and take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.
* Experience with test planning, cost estimating, project management, data analysis, and/or technical writing.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION (IF APPLICABLE)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX Test Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: VETS, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.