Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator, OSU
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
ENGIE North America Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONENGIE Services is a provider of energy efficiency, facility management services and outsourcing solutions for companies and communities. Our experts design, develop and manage tailored, smart and sustainable solutions for our customers benefit from airports to office parks and industrial sites.
ENGIE Services is part of ENGIE in North America, which manages a range of energy businesses in the U.S. and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, retail energy sales and energy optimization services. ENGIE (formerly GDF SUEZ) employs 154,950 people worldwide and achieved revenues of USD$ 71 billion in 2016.
Job Office: Ohio State University
Position Status: Permanent, Full Time
Number of positions: 1
Responsible for the development, implementation, auditing and monitoring of a comprehensive environmental, health & safety (EHS) compliance program in accordance with local, state, and federal environmental, health and safety regulations in support of ENGIE Services operations at The Ohio State University. Develop and train employees on EHS procedures and policies. Inspect, collect and analyze data required for all environmental and safety reporting. Prepare reports for officials having signatory authority for submission to regulatory agencies. Work with ENGIE corporate office and OSU EHS in preparation of environmental permit applications. Performs project support work such as emission inventory, control equipment evaluation and testing, database development and analysis of technical data for permitting studies. Develop and maintain a contractor training program in compliance with EHS policies. Act as a liaison between environmental consultants, governmental agencies, OSU, and contractors regarding EHS concerns. Verifies that all monitoring systems within utilities have the proper QA/QC checks & calibrations. Coordinate regulatory testing for McCracken Power Plant boilers and submit the appropriate documentation. Collaborate with the safety committee to guide the sites safety culture. Subject to 24 emergency hour call. May require travel to other locations for audits & training.
* Develop new and implement existing EHS polices and procedures. Develop compliant training schedules and train employees.
* Perform comprehensive and regular inspections/audits of the ENGIE Services employees and contractors working on the Columbus campus for environmental and safety regulation compliance.
* Conducts investigation, root cause analysis and develops and implements corrective actions for safety and environmental incidents or compliance issues.
* Act as a liaison between environmental consultants, governmental agencies, OSU, contractors, and ENGIE corporate offices regarding any EHS concerns.
* Tracks compliance, develops metrics, identifies trends and prepares reports for various groups related to compliance in EHS areas.
* Provides solutions to complex safety, health and environmental issues serving as the local leader & technical expert. Provides EHS training/mentoring to managers, supervisors and staff. Supports the local Safety Committee. Provide guidance, resources and support for area safety meetings
* Provide resources & guidance on JSAs. Audit completed JSAs.
* Specifies and prepares purchase requisitions for EHS equipment and services.
* Keeps current on safety and environmental procedures, policies and codes. Periodically reviews and updates procedures.
* Participates in professional training programs, seminars and conferences.
* Provides technical assistance within discipline field as directed.
* Bachelor of Science in an EHS or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education/experience.
Other desired experience:
* Five years of experience in environmental compliance including permitting, knowledge of asbestos, refrigerants, Clean Air Act, and Clean Water Act regulations, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP), Spill Prevention Controls and Countermeasures (SPCC), Permit to Install (PTI), Permit to Operate (PTO), Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD), and New Source Review (NSR) permitting programs or licensed engineer desired.
* Five years of experience in Occupational Safety and Health compliance activities in a production environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
ENGIE Services Inc. is committed to the principles of equality in employment and invites women, aboriginals, members of visible minorities, ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
We thank all applicants. Only selected candidates will be contacted.