Environmental, Health, Safety Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 1/13/2018
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYCushman & Wakefield is currently seeking an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist for its Global Occupier Services (GOS) platform. This role will support a corporate account and will be based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Reporting to the Account Director with a dotted Line GOS EHS Senior Managing Director; the selected candidate will rely on experience and judgment to accomplish goals with opportunities to grow professionally within Cushman & Wakefield (C&W).The Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist will partner with account leadership to ensure GOS EHS regulatory requirements, client compliance programs, policies and initiatives are fulfilled and integrated into C&W account operations. In addition, the role is accountable for collaborating with the client, developing, implementing and maintaining effective compliance based processes for the client.
* Applies EHS practices to develop, implement and manage EHS processes and procedures
* Develops best practices to drive and create a best in class EHS culture
* Monitors federal, state, regional, and local safety and environmental regulations for impact and effective application for C&W and the client
* Develops plans and implementation strategies for C&W and Client management teams
* Collaborates with the client & account leaders to ensure EHS compliance requirements are implemented
* Administers EHS programs for C&W employees in conformance with the client s applicable workplace compliance standards
* Oversees Universal and Hazardous Waste Management Programs
* Collaborates with the client to ensure all local, state and federal regulatory requirements are implemented in accordance with the clients existing programs and to work towards continuous improvement with the management of the same
* Reviews, develops, and implements EHS policies and programs and coordinates with site property and Facility Managers
* Conduct safety tours, self-assessments, audits and participate on site safety committees
* Supports client s needs or request with regulatory inspections or audits
* Supports client in developing and implementing procedures for identification and containment of environmental incidents, including but not limited to: Chemical spills or leakage, Air emissions is excess of any applicable regulatory, permit or site limit
* Support customer in the preparation, application and compliance with applicable regulatory permits, licenses, registrations and other regulatory authorizations
* Provides leadership to achieve the EHS vision in partnering with account management
* Investigates incidents in conjunction with Cushman & Wakefield personnel
* Implements Cushman & Wakefield and EHS Corporate processes and systems
* Supports the Cushman & Wakefield EHS Learning Management System
* Communicates and supports client s EHS policies and performance to internal stakeholders
* Bachelor of Science degree is required. Specialization in Occupational Safety and Health, or Environmental Health, Environmental Sciences or Management is preferred
* 3 to 5 years of experience in developing and implementing EHS programs
* Self-motivated and able to work independently to find solutions
* Strong communication skills and able to collaborate with others
* Ability to travel 10 - 15%
* Ability to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing problems
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to leverage standard office systems such as Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, etc.
* Broad knowledge of Environmental, Occupational Health, and regulations (OSHA/EPA/NFPA)
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to travel from floor to floor and may be required to travel outside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
* The employee may also be regularly required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
* Regularly use hands to operate office machinery including, but not limited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines
* Regularly required to walk, talk, and hear
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..