Equipment Service Technician- Orange
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 3/1/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Fulfills all aspects in the installation and service of all large equipment in the practitioner's office with the focus on "excellence" in customer service.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Provides responsible repair and installation services to our customers in a courteous and professional manner.
* Provides and maintains the necessary tools of the trade and have readily available to perform installation and repair services.
* Maintains and manages proper levels of inventory in van.
* Attends all required training, which includes but is not limited to Henry Schein Dental Career Development training and specific manufacturer technical training.
* Complies with all OSHA regulations as outlined in the OSHA manual and training. Maintains and utilizes personal protective equipment when needed.
* Communicates in a timely manner to all Team Members and HUB dispatchers, keeping all informed of progress of assignments.
* Completes all work orders in a timely manner. The work order should be reviewed with the customer or a responsible staff member prior to departure. This review should include the time in the office, work performed, parts replaced, and parts to be ordered. All work orders should be closed daily and submitted for billing.
* Submits all job related paperwork within the required timeframes. This includes but is not limited to FDA Forms, expense reports, and any other required paperwork.
* Complies with all terms of the Fleet Management Policy including maintenance and accident management policies.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
* Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
* Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Minimum 3 years equipment and customer service background
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Working knowledge of hydraulics, mechanical and electrical systems. Basic computer skills.
Strong customer interpersonal skills.
High School Diploma, Associates Degree or Technical School Certification is desirable.
Must be able to comply with company uniform and dress policy and must be able complete all work related tasks utilizing company provided laptop as required.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers..