Equipment Tech B 10/12/2017
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform Skilled Mechanical duties involving troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing natural gas engines, compressors, generators, turbines and/or other power driven equipment.
- Inspect engines, compressors and mechanical equipment: diagnose problems and determine extent of necessary repairs; perform repairs and routine preventative maintenance.
- Overhaul, repair and adjust engines, compressors, pumps, turbines and motors.
- Maintenance and repair of ignition systems, carburetion equipment, fuel injection systems and emissions control systems.
- Detailed awareness of compressor components including: lubrication systems, shutdown systems, loading and unloading valves, pistons, valves and electrical systems.
- Must be able to operate rotating machinery analysis equipment and resolve related data.
Required education or minimum level:
- Associates Degree in Natural Gas or Commensurate Experience.
- Previous Work Experience - 3+ years.
- Microsoft Products
- Site Specific Compressor Software
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Driving, walking, standing frequently
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills
- Credibility as an experienced mechanic with supervisor and peer group.
- Through knowledge of all mechanical systems on all equipment in assigned area.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, and inclement weather conditions.
- Able to climb stairs and vessel ladders and work at various heights.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications