Equity Analyst 9/19/2017
Sandy Spring Bank
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Equity Analyst
Location: West Financial Services - 2010 Corporate Ridge Road, Suite 530, McLean, VA 22102 USA
At West Financial Services, a subsidiary of Sandy Spring Bank, we have spent over 30 years building a firm dedicated to taking a conservative and ethical approach to growing and protecting our clients wealth and prosperity. Since our inception in 1982, we have provided financial services on a fee-only basis, acting as a fiduciary for our clients. Each member of our team fully embraces the importance of this role and what it means for our clients. We bring planning excellence, investment discipline and personal service to everything we do.
We are seeking competent, motivated employees who share our commitment to being remarkable. To attract and retain these quality individuals, we provide a market driven salary administration program and a comprehensive benefits package. We take pride in offering a broad benefits program to its most valuable asset .our staff.
About The Job
West Financial is currently recruiting an Equity Analyst. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for performing research and analysis on market trends and investment options. You will also provide information and makes recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Investment Committee and Research Group of West Financial Services (WFS) on advisory service products and investment selection. Areas of focus:
* General Research
* Individual Stocks
* Mutual Funds
* Portfolio Management
* Position requires a bachelor degree
* Thorough knowledge of U.S. Treasuries, agencies, municipal bonds, stocks, and
* mutual funds.
* A CFP or CFA designation or significant progress toward either designation
* Minimum of five years work related experience
* Experience in equity investments and asset allocation principles.
* Interpersonal skills to effectively deal with all types of people.
* Ability to effectively express ideas orally, in writing and during verbal presentations.
* High level problem-solving skills from diverse sources.
* Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Experience with Tamarac, Bloomberg and Morningstar Advisor Workstation a plus.
We pay competitively to Market, and offer a 401(k) plan with employer match both pre-and post-tax contributions. We also offer an Employee Stock Purchase Plan along with the following benefits:
* Free Banking, including discounts on loans
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Assistance
In addition for employees who work 30 hours per week:
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Paid Parental Leave
* Life Insurance
* Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
West Financial is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Sandy Spring Bank, please call our job line at 1-800-399-5919 and select option 5. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.