IES Commercial & Industrial
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
IES Commercial & Industrial
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Prepare complete estimates for assigned project(s) of medium size and complexity either directly or through subordinate personnel.
* Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
* Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
* Maintain files of working documents as back up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
* May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
* Review and incorporate historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts,
* productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and man hour figures.
* Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
* Prepare estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
* Coordinate total estimating effort relevant to particular bid/project as assigned.
* Maintain files of working documents as back up for estimates figures.
* Follow awarded contracts as assigned may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits; procuring material, etc.
* Perform additional assignments per supervisor s direction.
* One to three years estimating, cost control and/or engineering experience related to construction.
* Knowledge of estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
* Knowledge of industrial / commercial electrical installation.
* Electrical field experience in a plus.
* General knowledge of the NEC electrical code.
* Knowledge of how to build / pull information from the estimate to build a level 2 schedule.
* Computer estimating software experience.
* Willingness to assist the estimating team to meet estimate deadlines.
* Have the ability to produce a marked-up estimate set of drawings indicating the scope of work has been taken off and for reference in a post bid meeting.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2016 fiscal year ending September 30, 2016, IES produced over $695 million in revenue and employed close to 4,000 employees at over 77 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS