Estimator II (4049)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 2/24/2018
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONEpsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Estimator II in National City, CA.
Summary: Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. Responsible for material and/or labor cost analyses and estimations for proposal efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reviews engineering plans, blueprints, and product specifications to determine material requirements in support of repair, fabrication, and/or modernization projects.
* Considers all specified references including applicable NAVSEA Standard Items in the formulation of estimates.
* Makes site visits to ensure the full scope of the project is understood before estimating subcontractor, labor and material requirements.
* Works with Trade Foreman and other personnel to formulate estimates.
* Estimates or determines material costs via vendors or other references.
* Prepares cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
* Assesses cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
* Sets up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures.
* Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
* Reviews material and labor requirements to decide whether it is more cost-effective to produce or purchase components.
* Estimates the labor requirements by trade based on engineering plans and product specifications to determine material requirements in support of repair, fabrication, and/or modernization projects.
* Factors in QA and Project Management requirements in the labor estimates.
* Provides estimates in the format required by the contracts manager.
* Reviews manufacturing parts lists and drawing trees for accuracy. Prepares and maintains historical records to support price audits.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
* A minimum of three years ship repair cost estimation experience.
* Must be familiar with NAVSEA Standard Items.
* Must have working knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other repair techniques for maximizing the accuracy of the estimate.
* Must have working knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
* Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
* Frequent standing, sitting, walking, handling, feeling with hands, reaching with arms.
* Prolonged sitting and use of computer, (typing, keyboarding, data entry)
* Regular communication (hearing/speaking).
* Occasional stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
* Vision requirements include: close, distant, color perception, peripheral, depth and ability to focus.
* Noise conditions range from very quiet to some noise.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.