EUI - 1056 - Project Engineer 9/16/2017
O'Brien & Gere Business Services, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OBG is currently searching for a motivated and driven Project Engineer in our Manhattan, NYC office who has demonstrated the ability to manage energy, utility and infrastructure based projects across commercial, industrial, municipal, higher education and health care client sectors for both private and public sector clients. This position will support OBG s engineering, construction and design build projects and will provide the successful candidate with an opportunity to be exposed to a wide variety of projects. The primary responsibilities for this position include:
* Organize and direct multi-discipline project teams in the execution of energy, utility, power reliability, central utility and infrastructure based projects.
* Maintain ownership and take responsibility for quality control on all engineering, construction and design build projects.
* Coordinate with legal team to write, review and administer contracts and manage risk.
* Manage external consultants and contractors.
* Develop and maintain client relationships and develop sales opportunities.
* Organize and prepare proposals including the management of the proposal effort, executions strategy, and sales themes.
* Identify and market business opportunities.
* Execute projects with employee and contractor safety as the number one priority.
* Develop project execution strategy, and manage project activities related to scope, schedule, and budget.
* Provide oversight and project support for internal OBG, client and project management standards.
* Organize and participate in regularly scheduled project progress review meetings.
Skills & Qualifications
* B.S. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years of relevant experience, of which at least 5 years demonstrates experience supporting project management of energy, utility, power reliability, central utility or Infrastructure based projects.
* Comprehensive knowledge of project life-cycle delivery, from proposal development, through design, estimating, bid phase, contracts and construction, commissioning, and closeout activities.
* Ability to understand and track the financial standing and progress of projects under their supervision.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient with MS Office Suite including MS Project.
* 30hr OSHA Construction Safety Certification preferred.
* Travel is required to client locations for project coordination, sales and project oversight.
* Knowledge of medium and low voltage electrical systems, fire alarm systems, lighting design programs, sub-metering systems, renewable energy programs
* Ability to coordinate with local utility organizations (Con Edison, National Grid, LIPA, NYPA, etc.)
* Microgrid experience preferred.
* PV & solar interconnect experience preferred.
* Knowledge of relevant NYC codes / regulations.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.