Executive Sous Chef 9/19/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Locations
2 months ago
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Bedford Springs Resort
Join our award-winning team of associates at the luxurious and exquisite Omni Bedford Springs Resort. More than just a sought-after destination for travelers worldwide, the Bedford Springs Resort flawlessly combines a rich history and historic charm with all of the modern conveniences one would expect from a four-diamond hotel property. After undergoing a $120 million restoration in 2007, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort offers unparalleled service and amenities to thousands of travelers each year.
Our Omni Bedford Springs associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Bedford Springs Resort may be your perfect match.
The Executive Sous Chef will be responsible for assisting the Executive Chef with the overall food service, throughout the property, and providing the optimal service possible while operating within predetermined budgetary limitations.
* Supervise the Banquet kitchen and supervise the preparation and presentation of foods by chefs, cooks and pantry personnel, overseeing that all the food items are prepared as determined by the Executive Chef.
* Assist in the supervision and staffing for all kitchen areas, preparation areas, employee cafeteria, and for supervising all employees throughout these areas.
* Assist in maintaining an adequate supply of all food items such as meat, groceries, perishables, etc. used at the property.
* Assure that purchases are made using the specifications set by the Executive Chef or Central Purchasing and make appropriate recommendations to the Executive Chef when specification changes are warranted.
* Inspect all storage areas to insure that the best sanitation possible is maintained and that all equipment is functioning properly.
* Assure that sufficient quantities of pre-prepared items are available to meet projected demands and are stored in a manner, which increases their usefulness, as well as maintain quality.
* Assure that only the quantities of items scheduled for use are requisitioned from the storeroom.
* Assure that all prime cuts of meat are broken down properly by weight, that the waste in trimming prime cuts is minimized, and that meat scraps are properly utilized and the fat is retained for rendering.
* Assure that an adequate supply of utility potatoes, carrots and onions are peeled; salad trimmed and fruit is cleaned and sectioned.
* Assure that only the amounts needed of convenience salad dressing and soups are issued, appetizers and cold plates are prepared with the proper portions and that hot and cold foods are prepared on a timely basis.
* Provide variety in menu preparation; within budgetary limitations.
* Select recipes which offer a product that is tasteful and contains ingredients and portion sizes that will ensure that cost standards are being met.
* Responsible for maintaining adequate training programs for kitchen personnel.
* Inspect the portion sizes and taste qualities of all items to ensure they are being properly prepared.
* Inventory excess production for use on menu or conversion into extenders.
* Ensure the best and fastest performance of the kitchen so as not to impede service in food outlets.
* Ensure that the kitchen is prepared to start service on a timely basis.
* Ensure that orders received from servers are clearly understood so that "returns" due to faulty preparation ar minimized.
* Ensure that plates issued to servers are garnished properly and have good eye appeal.
* Ensure that plates and utensils used are clean.
* Responsible for the sanitation of all food preparation and storage areas and equipment.
* Inspect all equipment for proper maintenance and report deficiencies to Engineering.
* Ensure that an adequate supply of equipment is available.
* Ensure that the food served in the employees' cafeteria is palatable, in abundant supply and varied; and that facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
* Ensure that requests and specifications in the function sheets are provided on a timely basis.
* Hors d'oeuvres are served in an attractive manner and garnished and decorated properly.
* Ensure that excess productions is recovered from the Banquet Room and properly stored.
* Ensure that upon banquet completion, serving area and all related equipment is cleaned and maintained.
* Constantly coordinate with room supervisors so that production is scheduled as reservations dictate.
* Perform other related duties as requested by the Executive Chef.
* Make profit improvement recommendations to the Executive Chef.
* Practice safety standards and report any unsafe conditions to the Executive Chef.
* Responsible for care of equipment.
* Remain alert, courteous and helpful to the guests at all times.
* Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
* Assist in other departments as needed
* Attend monthly departmental meetings
* Associate degree in culinary arts or equivalent apprenticeship.
* Minimum five (5) years experience in a first class hotel/resort or restaurant.
* Ability to communicate effectively..