Fabricator 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
Doosan Infracore Construction Equipment
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Objective
Knowledgeable and capable of operating the majority of the fabrication machines such as Break, Plasma, Punch Press, Saw, Shear Operations, laser and folding machine. Operates power brake to bend, notch, punch, form rolls, arc or straighten metal plates or sheet metal to blueprint or sketch specifications. Sets up and operates thermal cutting machines which cut metal plates and structural shapes to dimensions, contour, and bevel specified by blueprints, layout, work orders, and templates. Sets up and operates power press to trim, punch, shape, notch, draw or crimp metal components according to specifications. Sets up and operates mechanical saw to cut straight patterns in metal stock according to specifications, utilizing knowledge of sawing techniques. Sets up and operates power shear to cut metal objects to specified dimensions and angles.
1. Knowledgably operating the fabrication equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Operates a variety of CNC machines.
3. Lay out or details layout on work stock from blueprints or templates to determine dimensions, tolerances, cutting/forming speed &feed rate, and correct position of table stops and guides.
4. Performs machine set up and loads in & out proper tooling.
5. Assembles, installs and aligns machine tooling according to specifications.
6. Positions work piece in proper location against fixture or stops on machine bed or on die.
7. Starts machine and observes operation to detect misalignment or malfunction.
8. Sets stops on machine bed and perform regular calibration as necessary.
9. Verifies dimensions of work piece and completes inspection documentation.
10. Performs overtime work as required.
* Must be able to follow established methods and procedures and perform work accordingly.
* Must have the ability to work rapidly and under time pressure for extended periods of time in order to meet build requirements.
* Must possess the ability to read build sheets and blueprints.
* Experience operating fabrication equipment a plus.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-476-4263.