Facilities Coordinator 10/12/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYTo provide direct support to the property management team in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the building staff and contract services in fulfilling the needs and addressing the issues of tenants. The Tenant Services Coordinator is expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with the tenants in a facility and be accountable to management for ensuring issues and needs are responded to and resolved by the appropriate individual, department, or service. This position will also have some responsibility for general administrative, accounting, help desk, and event coordination functions as they pertain to tenants and operation of the building.
Acts as the first point of contact for tenant service calls, requests and issues. Directs tenant service requests to the appropriate staff or contract service for resolution including engineering, maintenance, cleaning, mechanical and vendors. Is responsible for issuing and obtaining approvals for tenant work order requests * Isthekey on-site support staff for tenant relations. Must diligently support and maintain good working relationshipswithtenants and vendors. Handles tenant move-ins and move outs and assists with the coordination oftenantevents.Orientsnewtenantson building policies andprocedures
* Responsible for preparingvendor service contracts, preparingandupdating lease abstracts, and obtaining vendorbids for special workand/orservices
* Assists property management with day-to-day operationofthe property in accordance withpolicies/procedures, management agreements,and client needs. Responsible for obtainingand filing tenant and vendor insurance certificates, maintaining tenant contact list, emergency contact lists, issuing andupdating building pass list, andmaintainingotherrecords and filespertinenttotenantsandvendors
* Assists with billing, rent collection, and other tenant charges in compliance with lease agreements. Does coding andprocessingofinvoices,data entry into YARDI accounting system, preparing sundry billings,producingpurchase orders for contractmaterials and services, and requesting W-9 forms from new vendors inordertosetthemupinaccounting system. Coordinateswith all parties for rent roll-up and reconciliation and compiling monthly report to owner
* Assists withgeneraladministrative tasks asassignedincludingfiling,answeringphones,distributionof mail, writtencorrespondence especially totenants,orderingsupplies, computer and data entry work, preparingspreadsheets and reports, greetingvisitors and tenants, andlogging and dispatching tenant service calls
* Other assigned dutiesmayinclude backup for card key programming and data entry, coordination of fire safety meetingsanddrills, updating and maintaining emergency manuals, maintainingtrainingrecords,andretentionof forms andcertificates
* A high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED). Collegeor university credits or degree in applicabledisciplinepreferred
* Mustbe able toworkindependently, multi-task andtoprioritizeworkrequests
* A minimum oftwo(2) yearsofworkexperience in anadministrative,accounting,ortenant services capacity. Experiencewith data entry,basicreporting, filing, answering phones, scheduling, and communications is a must. Prior experience working inthe property management, commercial realestate,or financial services industriespreferred
* The candidatemustbe computer literate, including knowledge ofword processing (Word), mail merge, scheduling(Outlook),spreadsheets (Excel) andother data base applications
* Mustbe proficient in communicating at all levelsin both oral and written form andcompetentatpreparingprofessional, comprehensive memorandums, letters, reports, documents, files, etc.
* Understandingofgeneral accounting and financing is a plus. Experience with YARDI is a plus. Working knowledgeofaccountpayables, receivables, budgets, andexpenditure control isalso desired
* While performingthe duties ofthisjob, the employee is regularly required totravelfromfloortofloor and maybe required totraveloutside between buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions
* The employee may also be regularly required to sit orstand for prolonged periodsof time
* Regularly usehandsto operate office machinery including, but notlimited to, telephones, computers, fax, and photocopy machines
* Regularly required to walk, talk, and hear
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..