Facilities Engineer Job 10/8/2017
West Lebanon, NH
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID 50740BR
Title Facilities Engineer
Job Category Engineering
Job Description Responsible for the design and implementation of manufacturing support processes, instrumentation and equipment start-ups for offices, labs and manufacturing scale. He/she provides expertise in facilities such processing, engineering, design, project coordination, start-up and validation of GMP and non-GMP utilities and facilities areas and systems.
Main Job Tasks:
Provides support to a designated manufacturing operations area including the following activities:
* Facilities, Utility, Systems and Equipment (FUSE) troubleshooting to support deviations, corrective actions and related manufacturing impact or quality issues.
* Tracking and evaluating process trends or issues in collaboration with quality, mfg. sciences and manufacturing.
* Coordinating fabrication, procurement, installation, engineering start-up, and validation activities of new equipment and systems including documentation of IQ/OQ protocols, executions, and summary reports.
* Participate in the development and implementation of procedural or automation improvement changes.
* Participating in design and hazard reviews of plant expansions or process changes, and serving as the technical point of contact or user representative for contractor services including design, fabrication, installation and validation.
* Serves as an interface between engineering, facilities, process development, quality assurance, validation and operations.
* Technical point of contact for solvent, waste and emission control and related cost optimizations/efficiencies.
* Point person for process improvement activities. These may include performing or overseeing material and energy balances, creating/updating Planviews, Isometrics, Orthographics, P&IDs and PFDs, authoring equipment specifications, user and functional requirements specifications, and necessary FAT and SAT protocols.
* Managing projects and tracking spending of budgets, creating scope of work, risk assessments, justification, cost estimates, implementing purchase order requisitions, contracts, funding requests, and controlling their payment.
* Design and execution of engineering runs to test equipment or to troubleshoot problems.
* Travel to equipment and software vendors for evaluations and factory acceptance testing (FAT).
* Regular supervision of contractor or intern reports including mentoring, reviews, project and support advice as well as troubleshooting assistance for the more complicated issues found in the manufacturing environment.
* Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations and industry codes.
* Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others.
* Travel: 0-5%.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Associate s or Bachelor s degree or equivalent in engineering or related discipline; minimum of seven (7) years related experience with an Associates or a minimum of five (5) years related experience with a Bachelor s degree.
* Pharmaceutical process or biotechnology experience preferred.
* Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Knowledge of GMPs is essential, but not required as these can be learned on the job. This individual must have excellent communication skills and ability to work in a high-paced team-oriented environment.
Department NNUSBPI - FACILITIES
Position Location US - Lebanon, NH
City West Lebanon
State/Provinces US - NH
Job/Position Country US
At Novo Nordisk, we know that driving change on a global level and improving treatment outcomes for people with diabetes and other chronic diseases begins here at home. That's why we make an unmatched commitment to our employees, our families and our communities. That means outstanding rewards, industry-leading training programs, and an environment that supports you to achieve your goals at every level. It's all part of the Novo Nordisk Way. It includes our Vision and our commitment to the Triple Bottom Line principle helping us find the right balance between compassion and competitiveness
With a career at Novo Nordisk, you ll feel a difference right from the start. It s a sense of inspiration and mobility that comes from a shared belief in driving positive change for people, families, and communities everywhere. Congratulations on taking your first step!
Novo Nordisk is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Novo Nordisk will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please call the U.S. Toll Free number at 1-855-411-5290 or click on the following link to submit your request: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/novoaccommodation. Please note we do not accept applications for employment or employment related solicitations through this site. If you are requesting special assistance, please specify your request by selecting \\"Yes\\" in Question 2 on the site. We will not be able to respond to requests unless you specify the need for special assistance or an accommodation in Question 2. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.