Facilities Maintenance Technician Night 10/12/2017
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOCATION: FREMONT, CA
GRAVEYARD SHIFT: 10PM-6:30AM
The maintenance technician is a position within the line of operations of C&W SERVICES. The incumbent is responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of all mechanical systems and equipment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to chillers, cooling towers, fans, boilers, pumps, heat exchangers and controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED:
* Perform the monitoring, daily mechanical rounds, inspection, maintenance, and repair of utility facility equipment.
* Perform facility corrective and preventive maintenance, identify and repair where assigned, identify possible safety violations and operate the facility systems.
* Conducts building tours, restores equipment loss and reports deficiencies for corrective action.
* Personally respond to emergency requests and perform repairs through to completion.
* Assist in the needs of all scheduled and non-scheduled work requests and special projects.
* Assure these tasks are completed in a timely and professional manner. Work with other trade skill sets and contractors to complete work orders to trade standards and customer expectations.
* Responds to all trouble calls and troubleshoots the systems to meet the operational and comfort needs of the building(s) occupants.
* Understands the sequences required for proper building operations and the functionality of the building(s) automation system.
* Works with engineers, contractors, and consultants in evaluating the proper operation of the building(s) systems.
* Maintains a professional, safe and clean work area, including mechanical spaces, electrical rooms, boiler and generator yard.
* Maintains a professional, safe and clean work area. Complies with C&W Services and OSHA safety policies and regulations.
* Ensures assigned work tasks meet quality standards.
* Vendor escorting if necessary.
* Promotes the development of quality improvements through the initiation of process improvements.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Graduate of a technical or trade school
* Minimum of three years field experience
* Education or training in HVAC, refrigeration and controls desirable
A leader in facilities services with 65 years of experience. C&W Services is one of the largest facility services companies in the USA & Canada with a 65-year history of helping clients drive down operating expenses, increase facility efficiency and up-time, enable strategic business decisions and create positive experiences for the people who work, shop, learn, live and play in the facilities we maintain. We re building the best team in the industry our people are the heart and vitality of C&W Services. In joining C&W Services, you re joining a firm with a rich history, blue-chip client list, and the backing of sister company Cushman & Wakefield, one of the world s largest property advisory firms and the reason for our success is simple - talented people. Visit our website at https://cwservices.com.
Learn why C&W Services is an ideal place for veterans to continue their careers: https://cwservices.com/veterans/
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.