Facilities Services Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/25/2018
Aloha Petroleum, LTD
Under general direction and supervision of the General Manager Fuel Operations, organizes, directs, monitors and supervises the operation of the Facility Services department and staff. Responsible for setting, achieving and maintaining maintenance & repair performance standards, utilizing process tools and knowledge of system capabilities to ensure the integrity of company buildings, facilities and equipment assets and maximize equipment reliability/productivity. As required, performs a variety of technical tasks relative to maintenance and repair of Company facilities, including skilled and semi-skilled work in maintaining and repairing petroleum dispensing equipment and infrastructure, and other mechanical and electronic equipment. Maintains and repairs buildings, grounds, plumbing, and electrical systems. Researches and recommends new and/or alternate technologies and makes recommendations to management on initiatives targeted to improve operational efficiency and cost savings. Works closely with the Environmental Health and Safety department and oversees the maintenance department s responsibilities to ensure regulatory compliance, including continuous monitoring of underground storage tanks and fueling infrastructure, periodic inspection of facilities and equipment, and all required documentation.
* Ensures safe work practices and work environment. Responsible for conducting or scheduling regular safety training as needed.
* Complies with established safety standards during the accomplishment of tasks, including, but not limited to the review of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
* Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises, reviews and inspects the work of Facilities Services personnel and contractors.
* Establishes schedules and methods for providing maintenance services; identifying resource needs; reviewing needs with appropriate management staff; and allocating resources accordingly.
* Trains and/or coordinates training in maintenance and repair practices, safety methods, procedures and techniques.
* Develops, implements and supervises preventive maintenance and safety inspection programs for all facilities and equipment.
* Oversees management of supplies and repair parts inventory, ensures its security, and maintains accurate perpetual inventory data and records.
* Coordinates contract services, including making recommendations to upper management on selection of contractor(s), scope of work and negotiation of prices.
* Exercises initiative and independence in the implementation of departmental and company policies, developing effective work processes and solving operational problems.
* Prepares and executes the Maintenance and Repair (M&R) budget, and Facilities Services budget; including submission of budget recommendations, monitoring of expenditures, preparation of cost estimates, and justification for equipment.
* Recommends the hiring, retention, discipline and termination of Facilities Services personnel.
* Administers and communicates company policies and procedures to employees. Evaluates employee performance.
* Enforces work rules and expected employee behavior, and responds to employee complaints and grievances.
* Oversees review of INFORM environmental report and ensures compliance activities.
* Reviews and manages status of work orders and distribution of work assignments.
* Demonstrates the ability to successfully multi-task in a changing environment with multiple short and long-term priorities
* Completes daily, weekly and monthly logs and reports.
* Prepares the Facilities Services personnel payroll report.
* Reviews and reports overtime utilization.
* Prepares annual and periodic employee reviews, counsels associates and provides effective feedback on individual performance. Takes a lead role in the coaching and development of direct reports and executes company disciplinary policies when required.
* Reviews Repair & Maintenance and Facilities Services department monthly budgetary reports to ensure accuracy, identify variances and meet budget guidelines.
* Prepares for approval repair and maintenance budget for C-Stores and Operators.
* Submits for approval budget for Facilities Services department.
* Perform other duties as required.
* Conducts investigations of complaints relating to Company s stores/facilities, equipment and fixtures.
* Conducts prompt and thorough investigations of incidents, accidents, injuries and near misses relating to safety or customer service, recommends actions to be taken to avoid recurrence and implements decisions and policies communicated by management and the corporate safety committee.
* Follows up promptly to address maintenance issues that are the cause and/or consequence of accidents and incidents.
* Frequently works in outdoor and indoor field environment including travel from site to site. Exposure to noise, dust, grease, fumes, smoke, mechanical and electrical hazard under all types of weather conditions that may include wet and humid conditions.
* Frequently works under office conditions.
* Frequent use of company vehicle.
* Frequent use of computer, printer, copier, fax machine and telephone.
* Occasional use of hand/power tools; painting tools/equipment; mechanical/electronic equipment.
* Wear Company supplied personal protective equipment as required by job tasks.
* Wear safety shoes as required by job tasks.
* Typically Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Adjusted or extended hours as required by operational needs.
* Available to work any shift during a 24-hour period including weekends and holidays.
* Exercise independent and sound judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
* Ability to estimate materials and labor requirements.
* Results driven.
* Good process improvement skills.
* Solid analytical skills.
* Ability to link business unit/operation strategy.
* Ability to plan and schedule the work of others.
* Ability to lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 80 lbs.
* Ability to walk, stand and sit for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, twist, climb, grasp and make repetitive hand movements in performance of daily duties.
* See in the normal visual range, with or without correction, including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Communicate effectively and efficiently in person, over the telephone and in writing.
* Respond to customers (internal and external) needs efficiently and courteously, employing effective disciplines for providing continuous updates on the status of maintenance issues.
* Demonstrate professionalism, tact and diplomacy while communicating with public, customers, Company personnel and subordinates.
* Exceptional administrative abilities necessary to to organize, implement and direct departmental operations and staff activities in a dynamic environment, including supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
* Knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in Facility Services activities.
* Read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications.
* Knowledge in office procedures, including use of computers and word processing, spreadsheet and database computer applications.
* Knowledge of principles and practices of safety management.
* Develop and recommend systems and procedures related to assigned