Facility Technician 9/19/2017
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
* Become familiar with Cushman & Wakefield and our client s policies and procedures as they relate to health, safety, security, and all regulatory compliance requirements with respect to the position and job description
* Become familiar with the layout of the facilities, location of storage rooms, shops, major conference rooms, labs, warehousing, and technical infrastructure of the supported site
* Wear and use the appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and the assigned uniform correctly at all times while on duty. Dress in a neat and professional manner whenever you are on the property, even while off-duty
* Become familiar with, and utilize, our web-based work order and preventive maintenance system to record, update, complete, and close out work requests
* Learn all assigned procedures and expectations to perform successfully during emergency situations and respond accordingly when they occur
* Address work requests as assigned on a timely basis, completing requests within the assigned SLA (service level agreement), including the submittal of all requirement paperwork
* Conduct building tours and inspections of site facilities as assigned to identify and correct deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
* Respond to all work requests and assignments in a safe, professional and courteous manner
* Attend staff meetings and safety meetings as required. Complete all required safety trainings as directed. Observe and comply with safety procedures
* Meet all required attendance standards and expectations. Arrive on time, prepared to execute all work assignments
* Attend classes related to the position to improve knowledge and skill level
* Perform other tasks, duties, and assignments as required to meet team objectives and mission
* Exceptional interpersonal skills, both in person and via telephone displaying a high level of professionalism
* General mechanical ability important; competent use of manual and power operated tools, and basic knowledge of general maintenance/handyman skills. Ability to properly hang white boards, art, and other misc. items. Basic furniture installation and meeting set-ups. Adhere to methods and facilities trades process and procedures required
* Good oral and written communication skills required along with excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent self-managed and independent work habits are essential
* Ability to interact with client and client employees, senior management, staff, and vendors in a professional manner at all times
* Position has a physical dimension and requires extensive, walking, lifting, and standing, as well as the use of a variety of ladders
* Must be able to routinely deadlift weights in excess of 25 lbs.
* High School or Technical School diploma preferred
* Two-five years of general maintenance and/or construction experience in commercial buildings environment preferred
Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmat ive Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status..