Factory Material Flow & Supply Chain Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 3/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Falconer, Falconer New York US 14733
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Logistics
Job Description :
SKF Group is a leading global supplier of bearings, seals, mechatronics, lubrication systems and services which include technical support, maintenance and reliability services, engineering consulting and training. SKF was founded in 1907 and today SKF is represented in more than 130 countries with over 43,000 employees. The Falconer, NY facility employs 450+ employees. Falconer is located in the Southern Tier region of south western New York state in Chautauqua County. It is a spacious, low density populated area of rolling hills and farmland with the western border on Lake Erie, one of the Great Lakes. Buffalo, NY, a large metropolitan area, is approximately 80 miles north east.
This position is a key part of the Falconer Aeroengine Leadership Team for the management of the supply chain planners and for the coordination of all the supply chain responsibilities within the Falconer Aeroengine factory. This position plays a vital role to the success of SKF Aeroengine North America by directing and driving the supply chain activities.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Manager reports to the factory manager. The Key Accountabilities include:
* Define the strategy for the aerospace factory supply chain. Manage the means to deploy this strategy
* Manage and coordinate all of the supply chain activities within the factory
* Manage inventory (supplies, tooling, materials, component, WIP, finished goods) and inventory reduction activities
* Manage the supply chain team members to ensure factory product flow optimization
* Liaison among channel supply chain planners, purchasing, customer service and manufacturing personnel
* Development of and maintenance of the capacity plan
* Assist purchasing to develop and evaluate suppliers conformance to the supply chain platform
* Manage shipping & receiving personnel & functions
* Manage special projects.
Job Requirements :
A supply chain specialist who is results driven. Committed to LEAN concepts & utilizes the various SKF PS tools. Must be capable to develop and build a supply chain strategy, take pleasure in its tactical deployment and follow through. A Bachelor s Degree or equalivent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Management, or related field is required, master s degree preferred. 3-5 years direct upper level management of supply chain system/ production process flow, master scheduling, knowledge of XA (Mapics) preferred. Proven facilitation, team building and leadership skills. Fluency in the English language. Must be able to obtain in minimal time the necessary credentials to comply with all federal export control requirements (US citizen or a US permanent resident.)