Family Hospitality Ambassador
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 12845
Employment Status: AP - Active - Regular - Part Time
CHOP Ambassadors will serve as the first point of contact to welcome and assist families at the various entrance points to CHOP. They will promote a gracious welcome, a friendly demeanor, and a willingness to problem solve for, and assist patients and families. They will display active engagement with patients and families to direct or escort families to their destination, assist with carrying luggage and other items. They will also assist families on departure from the facility.
* Provide assistance with navigation within the CHOP facility to ease anxiety for patients, families and visitors.
* Ensuring that patient experience is maximized by maintaining the highest level of service standards that are aligned with the expectations of CHOP.
* Actively engage any patients, families, and visitors to direct, escort to destination as needed
* Escort families with luggage or equipment upon departure from facility to their vehicles as needed in partnership with the clinical teams
* Full understanding of the navigation of CHOP campus, remote campuses and departments
* Understanding of the resources within CHOP and the local resources as guided by the larger hospitality team
* Serve as a partner to various groups such as Welcome Desk staff, security staff, parking staff, as well as clinical teams
* Be responsive and timely with correspondence and problem resolution, and display a caring attitude, develop a rapport with the Patient/Visitor base.
* Promotes service excellence and demonstrates a friendly demeanor, can-do attitude, and willingness to help at all times.
* Keeps track of assigned duties to assist Hospitality team with resource development needs
* Must work with or without supervision.
* Display support for CHOP mission and safety goals, abide by all measures of infection prevention guidance, including hand hygiene
* Other related duties as assigned.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (CONTINUED)
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, REGISTRATIONS
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERT/LIC
Customer Service Background In A Healthcare Setting Preferred.
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Promote teamwork to achieve CHOP s mission, and understand and exceed expectations
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and complete duties in a timely and organized manner
* Performs work according to CHOP policies and procedures, professional standards of care, and applicable laws
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products or nicotine in any form and a negative nicotine screen (the latter occurs after a job offer).
Children\'s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.