Field Installation Specialist 9/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
APPLY TO BECOME A NAME BEHIND THE FLAME!
For more than 70 years, people all across America have relied on Ferrellgas for their home, business, and agricultural needs.
Why work at Ferrellgas* Because Ferrellgas maintains a friendly, family, competitive atmosphere within a growing Organization that currently stands second largest in the U.S. Our blue trucks stand at the forefront of green efforts by means of new propane fueled initiatives such as autogas. Performance improvement is expected and is facilitated through in house competitions and annual employee recognition awards.
We strive to hire and retain the most elite employees, several of which have been featured in Ingram's "40 under 40" lists. Not only does Ferrellgas care about the Employee, we care about the Employee's family as well; which is why we offer a scholarship program for the children of our Employees. Not to mention Ferrellgas is a Fortune 1000 company!
If you want to be part of a winning Organization, join the Ferrellgas Team today!
Job Summary: Under direction of Operations Manager this position is responsible for delivery of propane and installation to customer locations in an efficient, punctual and safe manner. Position requires a CDL license with hazmat endorsements, high school diploma, and physical demands which will include lifting.
* Installs, repairs, and maintains propane equipment for retail customers.
* Responsible for providing emergency response and system installation and testing.
* Loads, secures, transports, delivers, and unloads propane to and from specified destinations.
* Inspects vehicle and notifies supervisor of needed equipment, supplies, or routine maintenance.
* Prepares and maintains records in accordance with regulations and company procedures. Operates truck in accordance to established safety procedures.
* During daily interaction with customers provides exceptional customer service by supplying service/safety information and answering inquires.
* Requires on call rotation for after hours and weekend emergency deliveries or response.
* Can assist driving a bobtail when demand warrants it.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* May work on propane appliances when needed
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 3-5 plus years related experience
* Commercial Drivers License Class B CDL license with hazmat and tanker endorsement preferred
* Proficient in speaking, writing, and understanding the English language.
* Speak, read, and legible write fluent English
Ferrellgas offers competitive pay, a comprehensive cafeteria style benefits package, a wellness credit, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, paid holidays, vacation, and bonus potential.
Keywords: Class A, Class B, CDL, propane, LP, tank, set tank, installation, removal, maintenance, repair, delivery