Field Service Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/16/2017
Scientific Research Corporation
Fort Bragg, NC
JOB DESCRIPTIONScientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Field Service Engineer III will supervise and perform a variety of technical functions in support of engineering activities such as troubleshooting, test, modification, assembly, and maintenance and repair of electronic systems and other specialized avionics equipment.
The Field Service Engineer will:
* Evaluate components, subsystems, test equipment, and software
* Provide technical support to Air Force customers on operations and maintenance of assigned communications/surveillance equipment
* Perform aircraft installation, troubleshooting, and testing of equipment
* Support aircraft flight test and engineering evaluations of new systems and system configurations
* Assist in training junior electronics technicians and Air Force personnel to perform general fabrication, assembly, test and evaluation, and documentation tasks
* The Field Service Engineer must be available to deploy with Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) personnel in support of exercise and contingency operations
* Additional travel may be required as necessary
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum eight (8) years aircraft avionics maintenance experience, JTWS equipment experience, or equivalent DoD Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) experience
* Must be able to work independently and operate as a single maintainer at CONUS locations
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Experience with AFSOC, AF or DoD SIGINT/COMINT, EW, Guidance & Control or Communications/Navigation systems.
* Knowledge of AF and AFSOC organizational structure
* Knowledge of DoD SIGINT/COMINT employment concepts
* Familiarity with USAF, AFSOC aircraft maintenance concepts, practices, and procedures
* Minimum High School degree required
* Air Force or other related technical training desirable
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD TOP SECRET CLEARANCE WITH SCI ELIGIBILITY FOR CONSIDERATION
ACTIVE DoD TS/SCI CLEARANCE PREFERRED
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled