Field Service Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/16/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in Billerica, MA for a Field Service Engineer to install and provide support for high technology equipment in research labs of pharmaceutical companies, universities, and government research labs. Will work with highly complex equipment (example: Bruker FTIR Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometers) which requires an advanced understanding of electronics and optical alignment.
* Provide on-site installation, testing and customer training of Fourier Transform Infrared spectrometers. Installations involve setting up instruments, verifying that the system meets factory specifications by running complex series of Instrument qualifications, Operational qualifications and Performance qualifications. Systems may require the use of calibrated standards. Secure customer acceptance of install and repairs.
* Diagnose problems by in-depth troubleshooting and provide service for repair of complex optical instruments. Re-qualify the entire instrument after service/repair to ensure proper performance of the instrument.
* Perform on-site preventive maintenance and validation of spectrometers.
* Organize and prioritize schedule in accordance with customer requirements to determine needs for immediate attention, onsite visits, and remote assistance.
* Coordinate with customers to arrange WebEx Sessions, phone support, and lab facility inspection for new installations.
* Coordinate travel arrangements.
* Attend in depth product training (3-4) on new and updated Bruker products in German factory by product experts.
* Communicate and work closely with Service and Support Centers.
* Perform other duties as required.
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or related discipline.
* Minimum 4 years experience diagnosing and repairing electronic, electromechanical and aligning optical equipment. Experience with FTIR Spectrometers is a plus.
* Proven knowledge of analog electronics, high voltage circuitry/circuits, laser technology, chromatography separation techniques, and ultra-high vacuum technology.
* Strong technical skills involving analytical instrumentation.
* Excellent customer focus with ability to reliably respond to inquiries, communicate and interact with Scientists that possess a Ph.D. (or Master s Degree) in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Microbiology.
* Excellent verbal, written, MS Office, computer, technical data, communication and presentation skills, with knowledge of TCP/ IP protocols, and ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
* Valid Drivers' License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
* Excellent organizational skills with ability to work independently, prioritize, multi-task, follow through, and meet deadlines within an entrepreneurial and customer-focused work environment.
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 70% as required.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.