Field Service Representative (20170585)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 5/12/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
We are seeking a Field Service Representative who will be required to perform both in shop and field service work in the underground mine environment. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future operational or service difficulties by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Travel to customer sites to install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer s equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks and power cables).
* Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and ISO9000.
* Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside the company.
* Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers.
* Performs preventative maintenance inspections of customers batteries, chargers, battery handling equipment, and battery changing/charging area and records data.
* Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead parts with gas torch.
* Determines specific gravity of solution.
* Waters, Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer s batteries at customer s location.
* Installs equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
* Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment.
* Maintains records of performance reports.
* Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related experience and/or training in Installation, Maintenance, and Repair; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Manufacturing and/or Production.
* Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Certificate 80 hours completion.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
* Basic mechanical aptitude.
* Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
* Previous customer service experience in field support.
* Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
* Able to perform basic math such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Able to solve simple equations.
* Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
* Must have a valid driver s license and a safe driving record with minimal traffic violations.
* Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company vehicle.
* Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
* Able and willing to operate a forklift truck.
* Must be able to do overnight travel.
* Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle materials.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
* A basic electrical understanding.
* The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
* Electrical experience in troubleshooting or repairs, i.e. auto, boat, truck.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The employee will perform work in an underground environment; this environment will require specific training done at each mine site. The employee will work in both low seam (appox 42 high) and high seam (approx 84 high) openings. Employee will need to be able to transport, diagnose, repair, and remove all tools and parts in high production areas. This type of environment presents challenges to completing work tasks. Employee will need to work with mine personnel to receive rides to and from sections and get access to machines. Employees working in the mining field will be required to submit to initial medical testing and periodic medical testing thereafter as a requirement of the position. This testing may include a Pulmonary Function Test, a chest x ray, audiograms, blood tests, and if required by regulation or other business needs, this medical testing may be expanded as deemed necessary by EnerSys to ensure employees health and safety is protected.
MSHA 80 Mining Certification Underground
Bluefield, West Virginia, United States