Field Service Technician - Laser
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
MC Machinery Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a Field Service Technician Laser you will utilize good communication skills and your mechanical and electrical knowledge to repair, troubleshoot, modify and test complex technical problems on Mitsubishi Laser machine products for our customers. Extensive travel within a set geographical area is required and occasional travel throughout North America. The services are provided on-site at our customer s facilities and via telephone if situation permits.
MC Machinery s Pre-sales, Sales and Installation staff develops innovative solutions from the ground up. They can complement an existing operation with new hardware, software and processes to eliminate bottlenecks, improve accuracy and drive throughput. Our Applications group offers consultative support for new and existing customers while our regionalized Service Network is the most advanced and responsive team in the industry.
* Diagnose complex technical problems and perform on-site repair.
* Examine machines mechanically and perform repairs by dismantling machines and rebuilding mechanically.
* Diagnose technical problems and troubleshoot via telephone.
* Communicate professionally and effectively with customers via telephone.
* Manage heavy inbound telephone load efficiently and in a professional manner.
* Effectively interpret schematics and block diagrams to analyze and troubleshoot problem products.
* Document in detail product problems and resolutions.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Working knowledge of how to read mechanical drawings and wiring diagrams.
* CNC programming skills necessary
* Ability to operate computer using windows operating systems.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 2 year Electronic or Technical Degree.
* Experience as field service in the machine tool industry a plus.
* Skilled in Electrical measurement and inspection techniques. (Voltmeter, Oscilloscope and other measurement equipment).
* Experience in troubleshooting and repairing mechanical problems. (Ballscrews, bearings, gearing and various way systems).
* Skilled in mechanical measurement and inspection techniques. (Indicators, micrometers, gage blocks and optical comparitor. Laser Interferometer and ballbar a plus )