Field Staff Internship
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONRTI International has a Field Staff Internship opening within the Substance Use, Gender and Applied Research (SUGAR) program. This internship will provide the successful prospect a mentored learning experience, and the opportunity to expand their classroom knowledge and skills within a professional setting.
The mission of RTI International s SUGAR program is to conduct high-quality, multidisciplinary research that seeks to reduce substance abuse, HIV infection, and risk behaviors; and enhance family and community support in addressing substance abuse in under-served populations in community-based settings. We also work with federal organizations to measure and evaluate the performance of substance abuse prevention and treatment services.
Under the direction of Dr. Wendee Wechsberg, SUGAR conducts research in North Carolina, Tajikistan and South Africa. These research projects bring RTI's scientific expertise into partnership with community advocates dedicated to improving the lives of substance users and other key populations.
INTERNSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Market the study in local communities and organizations
* Recruit study participants and maintain contact with them for subsequent appointments
* Conduct individual intervention sessions
* Provide active referrals as needed
* Complete relevant paperwork and daily reports
* Ensure integrity and quality of data collection by following all study protocols
This paid internship will take place in Guilford County (Greensboro/High Point). Periodically, interns will be asked to come to the main project site located in Durham, NC, such as for staff training. The internship requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours a week. Hours are flexible during business hours (9.00am-6.00pm, Monday through Friday), but must set a committed scheduled.
* Current university or college student in Guilford County (e.g., community college, technical school)
* High school diploma or GED
* Confident in being in a community recruiting young women
* Energetic, enthusiastic and passionate in improving the health of others
* Self-directed and self-motivated
* Able to adhere to a consistent schedule
* Must be reliable, trustworthy, and have open communication with staff and project leads
* Ability to plan, anticipate and manage multiple tasks
* Comfortable in addressing sensitive topics involving sex, HIV, drugs and gender-based violence
* Ability to protect the privacy and confidentiality of study participants
* Must meet intake and screener quota requirements
* Driver s license with a clean driver s record
* Have reliable automobile available for project use (mileage will be reimbursed accordingly at the government rate)
* Able and willing to take direction from staff
* Knowledge of Guilford County is required
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.