Field Technical Support Rep I -Diagnostics - Chicago, IL
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/22/2017
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: Provides initial and ongoing professional on-site customer and technical support, including installation, networking and activation of new products and services along with in depth training on process workflow and product utilization. Works with sales partners to detail the benefits of new products and services to meet customer needs and achieve practice goals. Provides ongoing education, training and awareness to ensure full product utilization. Acts as the customer advocate to identify and fulfill practice needs to ensure satisfaction. Collaborates with sales and support teams to address customer issues. Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides on-site customer support related to Company product or service, installation, training and/or troubleshooting according to established policies and procedures and applicable regulatory guidelines.
* Diagnoses and addresses customer issues with the assistance of in-house technical resources and others as needed. Plans and implements strategies for addressing more complex issues as needed. Follows up to ensure customer satisfaction
* Collaborates with field sales partners to develop and execute territory business strategies to meet customer needs and support IDEXX business objectives.
* Develops territory management plan to effectively and efficiently maximize customer visits.
* Performs pre-visit planning prior to customer site visits to enhance the overall customer experience.
* Delivers full staff trainings at customer sites on a variety of medical and procedural topics.
* Provides consultation on diagnostic workflow and optimal processes.
* Through effective discovery, identifies opportunities to educate customers on further utilization of IDEXX products and services.
* Educates customer on medical message in effort to showcase value of practicing best medicine.
* Acting as the customer advocate, communicates customer needs for additional products and services to sales team, research & development and others. Coordinates other teams and additional resources to address customer issues as needed. Ensures ongoing customer satisfaction.
* In a timely manner, thoroughly documents customer visits and interactions.
* Supports quality management system and other compliance requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Adheres to and models the IDEXX Purpose & Guiding Principles.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Additional science-related coursework a plus
* Understanding of Company products and services.
* More complex questions may be referred to more experienced individuals.
* Typically, 3-5 years Company or industry experience in a related area, 0-2 years directly related experience specifically in field support area.
* Veterinary practice experience strongly preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Technical skills to troubleshoot and resolve problems with Company products and services.
* Communication skills, both written and verbal, including presentation skills.
* Coordination and project management ability.
* Relationship management skills
* Ability to train customers on the use of technical equipment and effective process and workflow.
* Ability to address and diffuse difficult customer situations
* Ability to work with customers to understand and respond to the unique needs of each customer.
* Ability to discover unidentified needs of customer.
* Ability to work collaboratively with sales partners to develop and execute strategic customer plans
* Ability to collaborate with internal departments to solve problems and address customer needs
* Good problem solving and research skills.
* Strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
* Strong business acumen
* PC skills.
* Regularly required to stand and sit for extended periods, extend and reach with hands and arms, and use hands and fingers to handle, squeeze, twist and manipulate objects, controls and tools.
* Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crouch.
* May be required to lift, move and carry up to 60 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Hearing acuity sufficient to effectively communicate with customers and Employees via telephone and in person.
* Ability to communicate verbally on phone and in person.
* Fluency in the English language.
* Weekend hours and weekday overtime may be required.
* Extensive overnight travel required.
* Requires up to 75% travel:
* 4-5 Days of Car Travel per week
* 6-8 Days of Overnight Travel per month
* VARIES BY REGION
WHILE WE APPRECIATE OUR STAFFING PARTNERS, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT UNSOLICITED AGENCY RESUMES.