Fin Analyst Cons/Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 8/8/2017
Blue Shield of CA
El Dorado Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California is focused on transforming health care by making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 3.5 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
* Develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
* Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance.
* Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, acquisition activity, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
* May perform economic research and studies in the areas of revenue/expense, depreciations, working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance and impact of contractual agreements.
* May summarize detailed revenue/expense data and compare summarized claim data against fee schedules and contracts.
* Produce contract performance reports, modeling of reimbursement rates, evaluation of financial contract modifications and compiling and monitoring key managed care statistics.
* Research and prepare evaluations on a variety of projects/problems (financial, statistical, operational and cost/benefit analyses).
* Develop financial models, collect and evaluate data, analyze results.
* May gather, analyze, prepare and summarize recommendations for financial payments/plans.
* Design and produce analyses/reports for department and/or management.
* Follow and conduct audit processes and review internal controls to ensure financial transactions are accurate, timely and comply with accounting standards, principles and company policy.
* Provide policy guidance and interpretation to ensure financial records are consistent and comply with company policies and GAAP.
* Summarizes and presents complex financial information to senior management.