Finance Analyst 10/12/2017
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
The Sealants Financial Analyst will report directly to the Sealants Finance Leader and support the consumer and commercial finance activities (i.e. in-depth analytics, sales trends, product line analysis, and customer profitability) of the business unit. Additionally, the Sealants Financial Analyst will assist with rebate accounting, customer claims, concessions, budgeting and forecasting processes and providing support to the global sales and marketing organizations.
* Manage rebate accounting of various rebate programs and calculate sales commissions
* Coordinate and resolve customer claims in partnership with the sales and collections teams
* Determine the accuracy of concessions and drive the actions to resolve them on a weekly basis
* Coordinate global commercial team inputs for sales planning requirements
* Provide data support and systems training to the global sales and product managements teams
* Own weekly position reporting (orders, backlog, sales) analysis and related data requests
* Assist in budgeting and forecasting (short-term and long-term) activities
* Perform quarterly account reconciliations on related accounts
* Assist with monthly journal entries as required to support monthly financial closings
* Instrumental in global customer price and margin analysis and work with global product management team to suggest alternatives to improve overall customer profitability
* Ad-hoc reporting for management
* High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access, Project), SAP or equivalent ERP systems and Business Warehouse/Business Objects or equivalent business reporting tools
* Excellent financial skill set and understanding of internal financial processes
* Strong analytical skills, self-starter and pro-active problem solver
* Demonstrated leadership ability
* Able to work independently and to push back and challenge others appropriately
* Excellent communications skills with the ability to influence cross-functionally
* Highly motivated and focused on helping Momentive meet business commitments
* BS or BA , MBA preferred
* 3 -5 years Finance Experience, Manufacturing finance/costing experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel