Finance and Risk Division Admin, Financial Analyst, Senior Analyst, Jersey City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 3/17/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop and maintain department budgets, analyze monthly operating expenses and provide monthly and quarterly expense analysis
* Ensure strong financial controls. Monitor divisional expense guidelines and regulatory requirements
* Liaise with business unit managers to develop budgets, provide expense management controls and address financial reporting requirements
* Manage divisional accounting requirements including accruals, invoice processing, balance sheet substantiation and allocations
* Provide financial analysis including variance analysis, projections and trend analysis
* Track and monitor divisional headcount and comp
* Produce monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc financial and management reports
* Ensure accuracy of allocations, monitor allocations into business groups and respond to allocation queries. Analyze allocations in from other divisions
* Manage various ad-hoc projects/initiatives
OTHER TEAM RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Assist the Divisional Vendor Management Team (DVMT) providing vendor relationship oversight and guidance/training to vendor relationship owners (VROs)
* Liaise with vendor management office (VMO), procurement and technology information security
* Assist in vendor management program compliance including on/off boarding vendors and assist in mitigating and monitoring vendor risk
* Maintain vendor contracts, vendor negotiated rates and monitor vendor expenses versus budgets
* Assist in vendor relationship management of big 4 accounting firms
* Manage the firm s audit fees
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* Strong analytical and financial skills
* Organized with specific attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
* Excellent project management skills including ability to track and drive objectives to completion
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
* Effective and confident in interaction with all levels of employees and navigating organizations
* Understanding of accounting tools such as Hyperion Essbase
* Strong PC (Excel, PowerPoint and MS suite) skills including advanced data mining techniques
* Minimum 2 years of experience with accounting, budgeting and financial analysis preferably in banking industry or public accounting firms
* Bachelor degree required; Master s degree and/or CPA a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.