Finance, Controllers, IMD AIMS Fund Controllers, Analyst, Jersey City
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 3/9/2018
The Goldman Sachs Group
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE ABOUT THIS JOB
We're a team of specialists charged with managing the firm s liquidity, capital and risk, and providing the overall financial control and reporting functions. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm s counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm s success. The division is ideal for collaborative individuals who have strong ethics and attention to detail.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) Group in the Investment Management Division provides investors with investment and advisory solutions, across leading hedge fund managers, private equity funds, real estate managers, public equity strategies fixed income strategies and ESG integrated and impact investments. The AIMS Group manages globally diversified programs, targeted sector-specific strategies, customized portfolios, and a range of advisory services. Investors access opportunities through new fund commitments, fund-of-fund investments, strategic partnerships, secondary market investments, co-investments, and seed-capital investments. The IMD AIMS Controllers team is responsible for overseeing fund administrators in the calculation of month end net asset values and the coordination of over 600 annual audited financial statements.
* Prepare financial statements for domestic, offshore and SEC registered hedge fund of funds
* Perform accounting, valuation and financial oversight for Hedge Fund of Funds and Long-Only private funds
* Support team leader and department manager on various special projects
* Oversee administrator and work with external auditors
* Manage technology initiatives by providing scope of project, managing timeline, and coordinating testing
* Preparation of various regulatory reports, compliance reports and reports to Board of Directors for registered/listed funds and fund share classes
* Participate in new fund launches including the review of fund documentation, fund set up, and vendor selection
* B.S. or above in accounting or related field, CPA and audit experience a plus
* Two-Four years of experience
* Knowledge of financial reporting
* Full working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications
* Strong analytical skills and detail orientation
* Ability to think broadly and take a global view on issues related to hedge funds
* Project management skills
* Ability to work independently and as a key member of a team
* Self-starter with ability to work in a fast paced environment under challenging deadlines
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Interacts well with all levels
* Problem solver
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.