This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 4/28/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Daikin Applied
Daikin Applied designs and manufactures technologically advanced commercial HVAC systems for customers around the world. Customers turn to Daikin with confidence that they will experience outstanding performance, reliability and energy efficiency. Daikin Applied product, solutions and services are sold through a global network of dedicated sales, service, and parts offices.
Daikin Applied's parent company, Daikin Industries, Ltd. is a Fortune 1000 company with 2013 revenues in excess of $18 billion and more than 51,000 employees worldwide, making it the largest HVAC manufacturer in the world. Daikin Industries specializes in the development, manufacture, sales and aftermarket support of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, refrigerants and other chemicals, as well as oil hydraulic products. Daikin was named one of the world's most innovative companies by Forbes magazine and one of the 100 most sustainable corporations for three years in a row by Corporate Knights, Inc.
Daikin Applied Americas, headquartered in Plymouth, MN, has plans to more than double its business over the next five years. Strong product leadership through flawless introductions of the best HVAC products, ensuring price/value competitive advantage, attacking the best vertical market opportunities and maximizing distribution at improved margins are critical to Daikin Applied's continued and future success.
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.
Daikin Applied offers outstanding opportunities for people who are seeking challenging and rewarding positions. Our success hinges upon our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people. If you are seeking job satisfaction and the feeling of pride that comes with working for an industry global leader, we welcome you to apply for positions with us.
The role will support Daikin Applied Controllers and Finance Managers to work on a variety of projects that will expose the intern to reconciliation, budgeting & forecasting, financial modeling, journal entries, and creating executive dashboards. A sampling of projects and experiences include:
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Assist with revised plan budgeting for the second half of the fiscal year
- Create executive dashboards and presentations for CFO and Senior Controllers
- Assist with automation projects to streamline balance sheet reconciliations and sales forecasting
- Work with Service organization to identify and solve problems related to payables process
- Post journal entries at month end
- Limits of Authority policy management
- Work on Prevailing Wage project for time and wage reporting
- Ad hoc reporting projects as needed
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, prefer students with a 3.5 or better
- Undergraduate student (completed sophomore level or higher) with a declared major in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business or related discipline
- Ability to review, analyze, and manipulate large quantities of data
- Successful record in academics and a diverse range of extracurricular activities
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the internship
- Demonstrated proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Prior Finance, Business or Analytics internship experience ideal
- Exceptional communication skills, well developed listening skills, and ability to interpret business and/or client needs
Equal Opportunity Employment: It is the policy of Daikin Applied to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.