This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/3/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition Number
Finance Manager K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
The Finance Manager provides a broad range of financial services to one or more schools within an assigned region including delivering/overseeing the delivery of financial support, and operating as a project manager working across multiple functions within the K12 organization to ensure delivery on long-term projects.
AS A FINANCE MANAGER YOU WILL . . .
* Oversee delivery of financial services to school(s); Prepares/provisions financial reporting and other analytics; Oversees/Assists in developing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and variance analysis;
* Implement and ensures compliance with the Company s and school s finance policies, internal controls and business processes; Manages school audits and ensures all tax filings are prepared and submitted;
* Become expert in school financials for states in which they manages school(s); Files statutory reports by state;
* Interact with and provides financial support to School Board(s); Manages financial communication with School Board(s);
* Function as project manager on local and corporate financial initiatives, working across multiple functions within the organization to ensure delivery on long-term projects/objectives;
* Oversee internal controls over the areas of responsibility;
* Prepare submissions for state and federal funding programs in a timely and accurate manner to include funding determinations, audit responses, and interim financial reports; Assists in the development of grant and other funding opportunities.
RIGHT FOR YOU*
* Do you communicate well*
* Can you build customer confidence*
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action*
* Is your manner honest and straightforward*
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines*
* Do you value others' opinions*
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Math AND
* Five (5) years of related experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Understanding of accounting processes, procedures and internal controls
* Strong research and analysis skills
* Able to work well as part of a team
* Customer service orientation
* Possess very good communication skills written and verbal
* Excellent time management and organizational skills
* Experience with Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
* Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
* Ability to travel 25% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Previous Big 4 work experience
* Master s degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, Math or related field
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
WHO ARE WE*
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend