Financial Analyst II 9/19/2017
Paso Robles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE COMPANY
Rexnord is a $2 billion multi-platform diversified global industrial company. Within our platforms, we serve a wide array of growing, global end markets by offering the broadest, most reliable product portfolios and trusted brands in our industries. Within Process & Motion Control, we design, manufacture, market and service specified, highly engineered mechanical components used within complex systems where our customers reliability requirements and the cost of failure or downtime are extremely high. Within Water Management, we design, procure, manufacture and market products that provide and enhance water quality, safety, flow control and conservation, in which customers specify our products due to performance, life cycle and project cost, and our service levels. Founded in 1892, Rexnord is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. and employs approximately 7,400 associates worldwide. For more information about the company visit www.rexnord.com.
Zurn Engineered Water Solutions is a recognized leader in commercial, municipal, and industrial markets. Zurn manufactures the largest breadth of engineered water solutions in the industry, including a wide spectrum of sustainable plumbing products. Zurn delivers total building solutions for new construction and retrofit applications that enhance any buildings environment.
Zurn Wilkins manufactures an extensive line of plumbing, fire protection, waterworks, and irrigation water control products ranging from pressure reducing valves and backflow preventers to thermostatic mixing valves.
Reporting to the Plant Controller, the Financial Analyst is responsible for providing timely financial and operational analysis in a dynamic, lean manufacturing environment. In this role you will analyze results, identify trends, develop reports and communicate your findings to members of senior management in an organized and effective manner. The Financial Analyst will also support the plant finance team and will be responsible for process improvements, preparation of monthly reporting packages, journal entries, and account reconciliations. The role will involve various ad-hoc financial projects based on the current business needs and will be expected to manage various and ever-changing priorities.
This position will be located at Wilkins in Paso Robles, CA.
* Assist management in analyzing trends, cost, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to ensure accurate forecast expectations are being set for the business.
* Provides appropriate data and analysis to assist management during the annual budget and strategic planning processes.
* Ensure all month end procedures, including adjusting journals and general ledger reconciliations are performed in an accurate and timely manner.
* Maintains and balances GL accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies.
* Assisting with the preparation and completion of financial and tax audits, maintain compliance of all financial statutory and government policy requirements.
* Collaborate with additional Rexnord business units on all intercompany accounting transactions and inquiries.
JOB REQUIREMENTS, CAPABILITIES AND SUCCESS FACTORS
* Bachelors degree in Accounting required.
* Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience, manufacturing environment preferred.
* Considerable knowledge of accounting theory and application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal control procedures and financial reporting systems.
* Highly detail oriented, ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects to meet obligations.
* Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite.
* Competitive Salary
* Matching 401(k) contribution
* Discretionary Personal Reimbursement Account
* Medical Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* Short-Term Disability Insurance
* Long-Term Disability Insurance
* Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
* Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
* Educational Reimbursement
* Matching Gift Program
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FEMALE/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY/MINORITY/VETERAN/DISABLED