Financial Management Group - Indirect Tax Compliance Executive 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY RECRUITER: Amy Hillard
Indirect Tax Compliance
Macquarie s Tax Reporting team in the Americas is responsible for the preparation of numerous Canadian GST & WHT returns, US State & Local Indirect tax returns and Property tax returns, including the reconciliation of the tax balance sheet accounts. This role involves management of Indirect Taxes relating to Canada and other jurisdictions as well as supporting the team lead for the Indirect Tax team in the Americas region working closely with various stakeholders in relation to the review and/or preparation of Canadian, US and other Indirect tax returns.
* Review Canadian Indirect Tax (GST, PST, HST) tax returns for a number of entities in the Macquarie group undertaking a broad range of business operations from physical commodities to securities broking.
* Work with outside service providers in managing compliance in Latin Americas jurisdictions.
* For certain entities, prepare periodic (i.e. monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual) indirect tax returns for US & Canada as required
* Work with the Finance Department and Business Units to understand the operations and data required to prepare indirect tax returns and disclosures.
* Liaise with the Head of State Taxes on technical issues and planning opportunities for US indirect taxes
* Prepare and/or review various other indirect tax returns including Excise Tax, Gross Receipts tax, Los Angeles Business Tax, , Washington B&O tax, etc.
* Assist in the management of relations with Tax Authorities including audit responses and ruling requests.
* Work on the Canadian annual WHT compliances, i.e. WHT calculations, filing of NR-4 forms, etc.
* Highlight potential tax technical issues, such as under/over accrual of transaction taxes, impact of new business transactions on the indirect tax compliances.
* Assist in the management of the overall Indirect Compliance processes
* Suggest and implement process improvements or system changes to elicit efficiencies in the production of deliverables
Our business is to realize opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterized by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team.
At Macquarie, the diversity of our workforce is fundamental to our success. It ensures our business remains innovative, sustainable and continues to meet the evolving needs of our people and our clients. Our business model reflects the high value placed on unique contributions and an understanding of the risks of unchallenged conformity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
What this means for you:
* Bachelors Degree, in accounting and/or finance, Masters in Tax and/or CPA
* 5-7 years experience in a similar tax reporting role
* Detail-oriented with good intuitive reasoning skills and analytical capability
* Strong communication, organizational and research skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and key deadlines
* Good relationship building skills, capable of collaborating effectively with cross-functional and cross-border teams
* Eager to share your knowledge with your team and build your career
* Curious about how different parts of the business work together and opportunities to collaborate
* Self-starter with a desire to take ownership of key deliverables
* Driven to deliver quality outputs and exceptional support for the business
* Continuous focus on enhancing the way we work
* Financial Services industry experience preferred
Macquarie is committed to providing a flexible workplace that supports our people to reach their full potential. Macquarie offers a range of flexible work arrangements to help our people achieve work/life balance, while fulfilling our work responsibilities and meeting the demands of our business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
ADVERTISED: 13 Mar 2018 Central Daylight Time