Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 1/3/2018
South San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT THE COMPANY Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for Financial Planning and Analysis Manager.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The FP & A Manager will be responsible for preparing the Actelion US Budgets and Forecasts and various variance analysis. This hands-on individual will provide accounting support and will perform special accounting projects as needed.
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* STRATEGIC PLANNING AND ANALYSIS refine and enhance the Companys long-range plan including analysing the assumptions used to develop gross sales, sales deductions, cost of goods sold and operating expense projections. Provide business development support as needed by modelling various corporate transaction alternatives. Develop and recommend appropriate near and long-term financing strategies. Assist with the preparation of reports for executive management team, the Board of Directors, investors and various external parties as needed.
* FORECASTING AND BUDGETING prepare and support the annual budget, the 5 years plan and quarterly forecast processes. Work closely with department managers to monitor spending against approved budget.
* BUDGET VS. ACTUAL (BVA) ANALYSIS review monthly spending vs. budget with department managers and document explanations for variances. Present BVA analysis to management team for approval before distributing to ELT members and other budget responsible.
* INTERNAL REPORTING work with management team to identify key metrics to be used to monitor the Companys performance and implement an internal monthly reporting package.
* MONTH END CLOSE participate in the close process to ensure adequate and accurate accruals are maintained. Support the accounting team within the quarterly closing review and analysis.
* AUDITS assist with the quarterly reviews and annual audit process with the Companys external auditors. Good understanding of US GAAP and prior experience dealing with external auditors is preferred.
* SARBANES-OXLEY (SOX) assist with SOX compliance .
* OTHER work on special projects and provide ad hoc analysis as needed.
CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This job requires a combination of analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* BA/BS with eight years relevant experience in accounting or finance, equivalent combination of advanced degree and less experience may be considered.
* Bachelors in Business with concentration in Accounting or Business Administration
* Excellent investigational, analytical skills and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate in an effective, concise manner.
* Computer skills: proficiency in MS Office applications such as, Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
* High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
* Self-motivated team player.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects
* Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
* Ability to solve problems and implement process improvements
* Collaborative team player who enjoys working in a small company environment
* Able to communicate effectively with all employees and proven track record of interacting with executive management
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your application.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement