Finishing\Inspection Utility Worker 10/12/2017
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Based in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
This position will provide help to the finishing and inspection group. The FinishingInspection Utility Worker performs the below listed specific tasks. This list is intended to be a subset of the normal finisherinspector tasks. They could support R&D activities within the normal scope of work and they take direction from the Quality Team Lead, Machining Area Leaders, Manufacturing Engineering and the MSO.
The FinishingInspection Utility Worker will generally work in a clean inspection environment. However, they will need to also be in machining areas which can be dustydirty. They may also be required to enter the clean room for final cleaning and packaging of materials.
* Providing help to the TC1050 machininginspection group for such duties as de-burring, cleaning, packing, labeling and helicoil insertion
* Incoming inspection of mandrels and substrates
* Preparing mandrels and substrates for all of the different coating processes
* Building loads, providing help to the furnace room to load furnaces and disassembly of loads
* Cleaning of setup parts for all loads
* Cleaving TPG to pre-milling thickness
* Performing dimensional checks and recording data
* Cleaning and final packaging of product
* Picking orders for shipment
* Mandrel and cylinder moving in cut-off and A&D should not require any lifting 25 lbs.
* This is a Monday through Friday position with an hourly rate of $20.45
* Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
* Requirements: 70% on the Ramsay Combined Basic Skills Test
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Percent of Travel