Fleet Maintenance Technician/Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2017
END DATE 12/30/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,200 employees in 24 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated.
Our Fife (Tacoma), WA location offers full-service leasing, contract maintenance, and rentals, supported by Mack Leasing Systems, Volvo Truck Leasing Systems, and NationaLease. We are seeking a Fleet Maintenance Technician/Mechanic for our Monday through Friday day shift.
We offer in-house advanced-training opportunities - we are the only dealership in North America that is able to conduct all Mack/Volvo training up to the master tech certification within our in house Training Centers.
Our benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
* Healthcare and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Length of Service Recognition Program
* Referral Bonus Program
* CDL License and Medical Review Fee
* Uniforms and Cleaning Service
* Steel-Toed Boot and Tool Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Perform preventative maintenance (e.g., oil and filter change, grease equipment, check fluids, check air pressure, etc.) and light repairs on customer equipment as directed.
* Maintain vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
* Maintain safe and organized work area; keep shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, performing preventative maintenance, and calling for repairs.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Must use all safety equipment and PPE necessary for the job.
* Maintain current knowledge of job and technical skills by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical and regulation publications.
* Performs all work in safe and alert manner.
* Practical experience in commercial class 8 truck repair field
* Must have own hand tools or ability to purchase tools (TEC provides an in-house tool purchase program)
* Problem solving skills, mechanical aptitude, and basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job (job requires frequent lifting/moving up to 50lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.)
* Valid driver's license; ability to obtain CDL if don't currently have CDL
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance with your application please email email@example.com or call (503)-247-4065.