Focus Factory Performance Excellence Lead
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/13/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This role is a leader in implementing and facilitating a culture of continuous improvement, while managing the development and implementation of the Operational Excellence program. Person will work directly with the Hobart Performance Excellence Manager to drive key business wide initiatives at the site.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/LEADERSHIP TEAM:
Foster and promotes the concepts and principles of Lean and Six Sigma through actively encouraging participation throughout the entire organization.
Develop implementation plans to satisfy OpEx vision.
Coordinate and implement a comprehensive training program that ensures an understanding of Operations Excellence throughout all levels of the organization.
Leads improvement projects of significant size and scope.
Schedule, organize, lead and participate in Kaizen events.
Lead the Six Sigma and Lean programs by guiding and supporting candidates in the selection and execution of projects.
Directs and assists in the completion of candidate training, certification, engagement, and the integration of projects congruent with the organization s goals and objectives.
Assists leadership in establishing baseline and target metrics for key processes.
Ensures plant OpEx scorecard is maintained and results are communicated monthly.
Supports corporate Operational Excellence initiatives.
Establish quarterly milestones and provide monthly lean manufacturing updates including key metrics to the organization, and maintain lean manufacturing visuals.
Fosters a strong culture of continuous improvement in a team based environment.
Encourages informed data driven risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation and change.
Make thorough studies of existing conditions related to the problem presented and analyze needed changes to achieve increased production speed and/or eliminate product defects and waste.
Lead SWAT initiative for Rapid Response to improve risk items within the company.
Oversee existing Lean Manufacturing Systems site wide.
Identify and implement Statistical Process Control in applicable areas.
Provide tracking/status updates for all OpEx Projects (Lean, Six Sigma, Reliability Improvement and Cost Savings Projects)
Assist internal Black Belt, Green Belt, and Lean candidates towards goal progression and certification.
Assist in driving Mallinckrodt s Pharmaceutical Excellence Program (PEP) efforts.
Direct supervision of Operational Excellence Employees.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Assists in the coordination and deployment of the Operational Excellence plan. Provides engineering resources to improve process/product quality, and systems and controls while maintaining and enhancing a safe work environment to reduce costs of non-conformance, reduce customer complaints and potential loss to business.
* Identify quality issues and take appropriate steps to control and/or eliminate.
* Identify safety hazards and take appropriate steps to control and/or eliminate.
* Observe work areas regularly and initiate corrective action as required to meet safety policies, practices and compliance.
* Ensure a safe working environment with the identification and correction safety issues.
* Use and understand Statistical based software, Simulation Software, and Quality tools (i.e., Minitab, Value Stream Mapping, SPC ) for warranting process changes or improvements.
* Work with Corporate Engineering, Plant Engineering, Plant Manufacturing and Plant Quality Departments as needed to support new equipment or product lines.
Education required/ preferred: Bachelor s degree required, preferably in Engineering.
Experience required/preferred: 5-8 years Operations experience in Manufacturing with 3 years in an Operational Excellence role or demonstrated process improvement program success required. Extensive project leadership experience preferred.
3 to 5 years of supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Six Sigma training (in progress or complete) required,
Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred. If Black Belt is not completed, must be certified within 12 months of accepting position.
Formal Lean Training required, Lean Certification preferred.
* Directly lead and/or coordinate high-impact process improvement projects
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Ability to drive change, work independently, and set own priorities
* Ability to work on multiple, changing projects/priorities
* Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize
* Ability to plan necessary activities for manufacturing personnel in order to ensure outgoing product
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Proven skills working with cross-functional teams, motivating others, relationship building and getting work done through others that are not direct reports
* Strong coaching, facilitation skill and presentation skills
* Solid project management experience
This position reports to the OpEx Manager. This position requires interaction, including presentations, with various internal and external department heads, corporate representatives, supervisors, technicians, and operators to coordinate start-up and ongoing continuous improvement activities..
Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.