Food and Nutrition Service Worker - Utility - PT, Days 5:00pm - 9:00pm (rotating weekends)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2017
END DATE 12/6/2017
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01574-75978
Days (rotating weekends)
Part Time - Days 5:00pm - 9:00pm (rotating weekends)
NORTHEAST METHODIST HOSPITAL has played a major role in the phenomenal economic growth experienced in northeast Bexar County. Located in the city of Live Oak at Interstate 35 and Judson Road, Northeast Methodist Hospital has undergone major renovations to upgrade and expand the facility and services to better meet the needs of this area. The expansion facilitated advanced services in 24-hour emergency, surgical, cardiovascular (three cardiac cath labs with electrophysiology capabilities) units, a spacious intensive care unit and inpatient rehabilitation services. A new orthopedic service has recently been implemented The Joint Replacement Academy offering the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. Northeast Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center.
What sets us apart is that we recognize and value the unique needs of each of our patients. It is a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Many of our patients find that our staff is among the friendliest group of people you will meet.
Ours is a hospital that is patient-focused and staffed by health care experts who genuinely care for the well-being of others. It is our promise as part of Methodist Healthcare s mission of "Serving Humanity to Honor God."
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The FOOD SERVICE WORKER assists with the preparation of foods and beverages for patient tray lines by cleaning work areas, equipment, and utensils, set up, and service. Serves a range of hot and cold food items.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates correct food handling techniques such as portioning serving sizes by using appropriate serving utensils, and controlling temperature of tray line foods in accordance to HACCP regulations.
2. Demonstrates a complete understanding of prescribed sanitation regulations such as washing hands, changing of gloves/aprons, and use of sanitized water.
3. Maintains and cleans work areas, including floors, facilities, utensils, and equipment; collects and places garbage and trash in designated containers. Delivers and retrieves patient food trays in a timely manner and at the proper temperatures.
4. Demonstrate the ability to work at least 50% of the stations on tray line.
5. Replenishes foods, silverware, dishes, and trays at serving stations; may replenish condiments as needed.
6. Understands basic diet restrictions as applied to tray line operations, and adheres to established tray line procedures to meet the diet restrictions.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, ABILITIES AND OTHER JOB-RELATED CHARACTERISTICS (KSAOS) MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
Last Edited: 11/28/2017