This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
WHO WE RE LOOKING FOR
American Girl Restaurant is hiring part-time seasonal Food Runners!!! If you thrive in a fast paced environment, want to work great hours (rarely work past 9:30pm) then this is the right place for you!
You must be willing to work Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. All positions require that you be available to work all shifts, to include an opening, mid-shift and closing shifts on any of these days. Work schedules will vary from week to week.
Purpose of Position:
* Create a positive, memorable experience for girls
* Impeccable customer service skills, ability to perform multiple tasks under pressure and knowledge of restaurant work
* Poise and positive demeanor required to qualify
* Ability to work as a team
* Friendly and engaging communication skills are required for constant personal interaction with guests and co-workers
* Must be able to carry a serving tray/beverage tray
* Strength, mobility and dexterity needed. You must be able to lift a 50 lb. bus tub
* Knowledge of New York State liquor laws, New York City sanitation laws and grading system required
* Ease of use with restaurant computer systems required
Experience, Education & Skills
* Experience in a high volume and/or fine dining restaurant is required
* Banquet or catering experience is a plus
* Experience working with children helpful
* Evening and weekend work is required for this position
ABOUT AMERICAN GIRL
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com ), a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, American Girl offers an inspiring world of dolls, experiences, and entertainment to empower and unite girls of all ages. Best-selling lines include Truly Me , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , WellieWishers , and the classic historical character line BeForever . American Girl s mission is to help build girls of strong character a goal that has already earned the loyalty of millions and the praise and trust of their parents and educators. The company sells products through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores nationwide. Select American Girl product is also sold via Toys R Us. Outside of the U.S, American Girl products are sold at specialty boutiques with Indigo and Chapters in Canada and with El Palacio de Hierro in Mexico City. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com , www.facebook.com/americangirl, or www.twitter.com/american_girl .
Please apply online at www.americangirl.com
Connect with us on Facebook at American Girl Careers!
Affirmative Action Employer