Foreclosure & Bankruptcy Third Party Risk Auditor 10/12/2017
Mount Laurel, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The primary responsibility of this individual is to conduct reviews of foreclosure and bankruptcy law firms that provide services to PHH and to ensure compliance with investor and agency guidelines, client requirements, all applicable state and federal laws, as well as internally established standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conduct due diligence and ongoing monitoring of default law firms to validate that all processes, procedures and work product are complete, accurate, and in compliance with all applicable agency, federal, state and PHH guidelines.
* Perform loan file reviews to ensure default law firms are adhering to internal policies and procedures, client, investor and state requirements, and other applicable guidelines.
* Analyze legal documents and other work product related to default proceedings to ensure compliance with all applicable guidelines.
* Coordinate and facilitate meetings among internal departmental areas to communicate review findings or issues.
* Effectively communicate and articulate issues, review results, and findings to default law firms and PHH Management.
* Assist in strengthening the quality control measures and reporting within the default-related functions of PHH Servicing.
* Propose enhancements to existing processes and procedures to ensure compliance with PHH Default Servicing Standards.
* Perform other projects/functions as requested by PHH Management.
* Required to successfully complete annual mandatory training requirements and department-specific training as defined by PHH Management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Minimum of 1 year document review or default file review experience required.
* Minimum of 1 year compliance or quality control experience preferred.
* Default law firm experience preferred.
* Mortgage default servicing knowledge preferred.
* Associate s Degree or Paralegal Certification required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Excellent time management, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Requires the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
* Strong written and oral communication skills required.
* Be self-motivated and able to motivate others.
TRAINING / LICENSING REQUIREMENTS
* Must pass PHH Corporation s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
* Behaves as a Leadership Role Model
* Builds Strong Working Relationships
* Drives and Delivers Exceptional Results
* Customer/External Focus
* Builds and Motivates a High Performing Team (people leaders only)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel required.
* Working knowledge of MSP and/or BKFS/LPS systems a plus.
TRAVEL / WORK SCHEDULE
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
PHH is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status