Formulation Development Associate I/II (Contract Assignment)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 12/12/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAre you ready to work for one of Washington's Top Workplaces? At Novavax, a clinical-stage vaccine company, we are creating tomorrow's vaccines today! We seek to attract, develop, and retain talented people who share our passion for science, medicine, and human health. We foster an environment of teamwork and collaboration, built on a culture that values and appreciates its employees. We are a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
We are seeking a contracted resource to join the Formulation Development team in Gaithersburg, MD.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Development of liquid formulations for protein nanoparticle based vaccines through logical screening of excipients
* Analytical testing of formulation excipients, bulk formulations and final product
* Following SOPs and performing routine stability indicating assays (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, Chromatography HPLC / GC, Particle sizing, ELISA, Protein assays, UV Spectroscopy, etc.)
* Assisting in the writing, reviewing, and editing of reports
* Maintenance of accurate records of analysis of samples from formulation development
* Assisting in the maintenance of department records and raw material / finished product inventories
* Assisting in the preparation and tracking of reagents for pre-clinical testing of research/discovery, process development and formulation samples
* Aseptic filling of vials and pre-filled syringes
* Knowledge of accelerated stability testing as per ICH guidelines.
* Knowledge of protein stability, degradation and aggregation testing
* Bachelor's degree in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Biology or equivalent with 0-2 years of experience in biologics, vaccines, biotech, pharmaceutical R&D environment pertaining to sample analysis.
* Knowledge of stability testing guidelines
* Knowledge and expertise in principles and practice of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
* Proficient in Windows based software to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word
* Demonstrated verbal and written skills in communicating technical and regulatory information Experience in handling sterile dosage forms and aseptic preparation techniques
Novavax, Inc. (Nasdaq: NVAX) is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company creating novel vaccines to address a broad range of infectious diseases worldwide. Using innovative virus-like particle (VLP) and recombinant nanoparticle technology, as well as new and efficient manufacturing approaches, the company produces potent vaccine candidates to combat diseases, with the goal of allowing countries to better prepare for and more effectively respond to rapidly spreading infections. Novavax is committed to using its technology platforms to create geographic-specific vaccine solutions and is therefore involved in several international partnerships, including collaborations with Cadila Pharmaceuticals of India and LG Life Sciences of Korea. Together, these companies have worldwide commercialization capacity and the global reach to create real and lasting change in the biopharmaceutical field.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.