Foster Parent Recruiter 9/16/2017
Berkshire Farm Center and Services for Youth
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY **Are you passionate about changing the lives of children and families***
Come join a team that certifies foster families across the state who open their homes and hearts to children every day. The focus is on re-unification of children with their biological families, preparing youth for independent living and matching children with a forever family.
This position is responsible for recruiting and evaluating prospective Foster Parents in an assigned region. The goal is to find therapeutic and nurturing home environments for youth and to conduct ongoing trainings for foster parents. This position also provides supervision, oversight and consultation to foster parents to ensure their success with their youth.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
* Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in sales/marketing, business, human services or other related field
* Minimum one year of solid work experience required; Experience in human services, child welfare, and/or foster care preferred
* Ability to develop and market events to attract and retain Foster Parents
* Ability to form therapeutic relationships with children and families
* Ability to work with a culturally and economically diverse population
* Valid driver s license and personal vehicle are required
* 60% of time will be spent on local and regional travel
* Flexible schedule including night and weekend hours required
* Within 6 months, must become certified in MAPP/GPSII, CPR/First Aid, Caring For Our Own, Deciding Together and TCI
* Prior training experience or public speaking helpful
* MS Office skills required
To apply for the Foster Parent Recruiter position, send a copy of your cover letter and resume by clicking here.