Front Desk Agent
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/28/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocations US-MA-Boston
Posted Date 3 months ago(9/18/2017 3:51 PM)
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Front Office Operations
Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished d cor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
Front Desk Agents are responsible for providing a five-star welcome and departure experience to each guest, as well as, serving as ambassadors throughout the guest s stay. Front Desk Agents make the first impression upon our guests by extending a warm welcome, providing information about the hotel and local area, and offering our full range of upscale hotel amenities and services to them. Front Desk Agents are also responsible for settling guest accounts upon check-out, resolving guest issues and completing special requests. They work closely with all hotel departments especially our Concierge, Bell-Door and Ideal Services teams.
* Process guest check-ins and check-outs according to Omni s Moments of Service and Standard Operating Procedures
* Empathetically listen to guest inquiries and provide appropriate responses
* Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their preferences (room type, payment, etc.)
* Block rooms in the computer and follow through on designated requirements
* Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets
* Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
* Maintain confidentiality of all guests and hotel information
* Employ attention to detail in order to ensure security of guest room access.
* Understand and execute all Omni accounting standards ensuring accurate settlement of folios, routing of charges and adjustments
* Maintain guest history files on all guests
* Accommodate room changes expediently
* Document all guest requests, complaints or problems immediately and notify designated department/personnel for resolving the situation. Follow up to ensure completion and guest satisfaction
* Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of key
* Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes
* Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports
* Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping
* Maintain complete knowledge at all times of all hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and locations, room rates, special packages and promotions.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
* Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations
* Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
* Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
* Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with many arrivals and departures within a short period of time
* Previous customer service experience
* Previous hotel front desk experience is strongly preferred
* Previous cashiering experience is preferred
* Fluency in a foreign language is preferred
* Previous guest relations training is preferred.